Gambling Therapy logo

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      alliesmum
      Participant

I haven’t posted on here since 2018, I have however checked in and read some of the posts from different people from time to time. I am feeling quite low about my gambling habits and today has to be the day where I turn things around. Gambling is no longer an option for me and its about time I turned my life around. When I did post on here before I found it extremely helpful and the people understanding, caring and easy to talk to. I’m hoping that with my journal and the help of you all that I can finally get back on the road to a gamble free life. Tomorrow is a new day and the start of the rest of my life.

alliesmum
      Participant

Day 2 gamble free and I’m feeling pretty positive about my road to recovery although I know the toughest time will be when I get paid again. The dark thoughts that had consumed me have subsided for now and hopefully it stays that way!

Just got today = I will not gamble!

alliesmum
      Participant

8 days gamble free for me! Again I know it’s going to be tough when I get paid but I’m feeling more positive and like ‘I can do this’! Currently taking each day as it comes and feeling blessed that I have my family for support.

Just for today I will not gamble

pilotdad1980
      Participant

Good job on 8 days gamble free. How are you feeling?

alliesmum
      Participant

Hi Pilotdad
      I’m actually feeling really positive! I feel like this time I can actually kick the habit! Had a weird dream about gambling last night though which I think may have been due to me not gambling and maybe my brains way of trying to get me back into it? But that’s not going to happen! I’m determined this time. I think to actually have a shot at beating my demons I need to be more aware of my triggers. Its a hard process but I’m just taking each day as it comes and trying not to over think it. How are you finding your recovery?

pilotdad1980
      Participant

That’s good! I’m very early in mine. I will tell my parents this weekend and ask for their support in this.

alliesmum
      Participant

Pilotdad
      In my personal opinion a good support network is essential on the road to recovery. You need people fighting in your corner with you.. To pick you up when you fall and celebrate your successes with you. Good luck with telling your parents! You’ll feel better once it’s all out in the open and you can longer hide behind your addiction.

markwi27
      Participant

You’re doing fine!

Enough808
      Participant

Awesome job on reaching 8 days! Best of luck in your journey

ccmessina18
      Participant

I did again. I lost money, a few k.
      I am tired of it. It is my demon inside. The only way is to continue fighting.
      I hope one day I’ll find the peace of mind I deserve. I’m with all of you, be strong.
      Cheers

G Rec
      Participant

Hi ccmessina,

Sorry to hear that you slipped recently, but good to see you back here trying again.

Have you put any blockers in place to try and make it more difficult for you to bet? It would also be good to hear a bit more of your story so members can give more individual advice if you wanted to start your own thread.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.