Gambling Therapy logo
Losingitslowly
Participant

Craigmac6, you are in good company. Many of us have been on before. Many of us have had other addictions that we have been able to kick and by the grace of God, never pick back up again. I was a smoker of 20 years by the time I became pregnant and gave it up because I couldn’t stand the smell anymore. I’ve never gone back and although I have thought about it from time to time, I’ve never had the urge to try. I am on here for my second time. I am also working 2 jobs to try to make up the mess I’ve made. I enjoy my time gamble free as well and i will admit that the only reason i havent started again is the blocks I have in place on my devices wont let me. That is what matters though, isnt it? That I haven’t gambled in 14 days. It’s no different than an addiction to drugs or alcohol is it? In the beginning of treatment from any addiction the key is to keep the addict away from the source of the addiction, one way or another. I will be able to resist more as the pathways in my brain are rerouted, as the urges begin to dissipate. The same goes for you and if you know about your 30 day mark being the big hurdle, put blocks in place so that your brain doesnt trip you up. I welcome hearing your day to day triumphs and that you are making your way to a better place. The only alternative is that you will be working 2 or 3 jobs for the rest of your life so that you dont lose all that you have. Doesnt sound good, does it? Keep up the fight and we are all here.