FIRST: CHECK YOU PROFILE SETTINGS –
1. Click on big purple Gambling Therapy at top left of page, then click My Profile on the right.
2. In Locale Settings, make sure you have selected the correct Time Zone by finding a listing for your country and any city that reflects your current time (your city may not be in the list).
3. Under User Type, make sure you have selected “Gambler” or “Friends and Family” so you are allowed in to the appropriate groups. (Gamblers are not allowed in F&F groups, and F&Fs are not allowed in Gamblers groups – Community Groups are open to both Gamblers and Friends and Family.)
4. Make sure the correct Language is selected.
5. If you Edit your Profile (or if you are setting up a new Profile), be sure to Save it.
SECOND: CHECK FOR SCHEDULED DAYS AND TIMES THE SUPPORT GROUP SESSIONS WILL BE OPEN –
1. Click on Support Groups (between Helpline and Services at top of page).
2. Find the day and time of the Support Group you want to join on the colored graph, or scroll down for a list of times sorted by Group Types. If your Profile Time Zone is set correctly, the times listed here should reflect the proper times for you.
THIRD: JOIN THE GROUP SESSION –
1. When the Group start time is close, click on Helpline (between Forums and Support Groups at top of page). You should see the Group session as soon as it opens, and there will be a “Join” button you can click on to get in to the chat room.
REMEMBER: Get there on time because the Groups are closed after first 15 minutes.
I hope this helps!