Gambling Therapy logo
bettie
Participant

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful….."
Had so much fun with Santa! The weather is awful but we had fun anyways. My brother made sure we got there extra early and the people there gave us extra time with Santa for pictures. We got one with each of the girls then one with my brother and niece. He made Christmas cards out of that one. They insisted that I take a picture with Santa so he had me sit on his knee. ( I know what Santa wants for Christmas, a new Knee!!) Mrs Santa was not too pleased so she shook her fist at me! It was so funny!
We went walking through the snow and slush to see some animals. It was so cold with the wind blowing! We went into the Australla house, saw the wombats and fruit bats! Nice and warm in there I’ll tell you. Thought of all my Auzzie friends here and imagined I was there!
Talked to my sponser. Hard to be accountable to someone as she wants me to call at least every few days. I feel like I am more "advanced" in my recovery and feel like a little kid, but you know what? What ever it takes. I’ll take those baby steps. Most likely I’ve missed things and I am not too old to realize my way (gambling) didn’t work, time to get advice from a "pro". She’s got about 7 years clean, I can learn a lot from her.
peace
bettieIt’s one thing to know where you want to go-it’s another thing entirely to have the Wisdom to get there….Looking for the Wisdom