Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      charles
      These are the 20 Questions asked by Gamblers Anonymous.  I am posting them following a request in the groups this evening.
      Q1: Do you lose time from work or school due to gambling?
      Q2: Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
      Q3: Is gambling affecting your reputation?
      Q4: Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
      Q5: Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
      Q6: Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
      Q7: After losing do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
      Q8: After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
      Q9: Do you often gamble until your last pound has gone?
      Q10: Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
      Q11: Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
      Q12: Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
      Q13: Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of your family?
      Q14: Do you gamble longer than you had planned?
      Q15: Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
      Q16: Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
      Q17: Does gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
      Q18: Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create an urge within you to gamble?
      Q19: Do you have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
      Q20: Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
      At GA they say that “Most compulsive gamblers answer Yes to at least 7 of these questions.  I would actually disagree –  in hindsight I can say that I was a compulsive gambler when i was answering yes to just ONE of those questions.  At that stage though the problem hadn’t progressed enough to notice/want to do anything about it.  I guess 7 yeses means people start noticing the problem.
      This problem is progressive; if you answer yes to some of these questions and continue to gamble then please bear in mind that your “No” answers should probably be changed to “No, not yet!”
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.