Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      laven
      Participant

Again and over again, i am drawn back to sports betting..

I cant clearly recall when i first started on sports betting, it was more than 10 years ago.. losing >$100k.. This year, i was in and out of it 4x.. >$30k losses.. Just lost another 3k an hour ago..

Every year i would again and again go back to sports betting, each time losing more than the previous round.. What has got into me, i knew gambling isnt gonna make me rich, yet i am drawn to the thrill of winning..

How do i get over this? I want to stay away from gambling for the rest of my life, yet i dont.. Lost, lost, lost…

charles

Hi Laven and welcome, well done on looking for help.

You can stop gambling I promise you. I would suggest you take a look at the My Journal Forum, you willsee a lot of stories similar to your own. If you start your own thread there then you will get a lot of feedback and support.

You will see that barriers can help – you only lost 3k earlier because you had access to that sort of money. How can you limit your access to those sort of funds?

In the My Journal Forum you will read the sort of things that have helped others stop gambling, I look forward to readong your own story there as you start your non gambling journey.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.