Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      cat438
      Participant

I don’t know why I did not start an August thread.  It may have been that I did not see many people using it, but if it can help one person not gamble for a day then it is worth it.  I have not gambled in August and do not plan on gambling today.  We all deserve a "normal life" which can mean different things to different people.  Wishing everyone a gamble free day!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

neva
      Participant

I posted but it disappeared.  I’m in for August and, just for today, I will not gamble. Thanks for starting the thread Cat. Sherry

vera
      Participant

I haven’t gambled once this month, so I hope I can say the same on August 31st!
      Thanks Cat!

ready2change
      Participant

***** me in Cat cheers

paul315
      Participant

Originally posted by cat438
      … We all deserve a "normal life" which can mean different things to different people … 
      One day at a time my sweet lord…

Good morning,
      There are many ways for each of us to use the different threads, the ways, although they may not be obvious, are as different as is our "normal lives".  So Cat, do not think that your efforts are in vain, myself for one find this monthly pledge to be one that holds daily ones together. A page in a special calendar that shows progress, hope, and desire instead of just listing the days.
      August holds a special significance to me and I will not desecrate that by allowing my addiction to regain control.
      God’s speed. Stay strong. Keep progressing.
      Larry
      Thanks to my Higher Power, My 3G’s – God, GA, and GT,  "Day Two Is Another Day Behind" and with the help from all I hope to continue to remain gambling free.– 8/5/2013 2:17:23 PM: post edited by paul315.

i won a new life
      Participant

Starting today, the rest of the month will be gamble free, every bet not placed is another win.ODAAT one day at a time

cat438
      Participant

Larry, thank you for posting.  I just want you to know that I really appreciate your posts as they always make me think, and that is a good thing.  I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today.  Wishing everyone a gamble free day where they ***** their blessings!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

cat438
      Participant

I did not gamble today although it is not over, but I am home for the evening and do not plan on going out again!!!  One day at a time!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

vera
      Participant

Its almost tomorrow….thought of gambling after a meeting today Had a few hours to kill. Changed my mind very quickly so August is still a G free month for me…odaat

cat438
      Participant

I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!  One day at a time!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

cat438
      Participant

August 11 and I have not gambled this month.  We are a third of the way through August.  I hope that everyone is doing okay as we chug along one day at a time!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

neva
      Participant

August has been good for me too.  Lots of company and no time to think about gambling.  It’s lots easier when gambling isn’t an option.  That’s what I love about the work week.

cat438
      Participant

I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!!  One day at a time.One day at a time my sweet lord…

cat438
      Participant

I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

ready2change
      Participant

so far august has been gamble free for me thank God. its as easy to do it right as to do it wrong odaat

cat438
      Participant

Yes R2C, thank God that I did not gamble yesterday and do no plan on gambling today.  We are at the half way point for August, but we get through the month or the week by taking it one day at a time. One day at a time my sweet lord…

neva
      Participant

Another weekend to get through.  Time to get the defenses up and get through it without gambling.  I will not gamble this weekend…that’s my word and my word is gospel once again.

cat438
      Participant

WTG Vera on the gamble free time in August.  Am I right in saying that is progress for you?  We are blessed to have a brand new day and a brand new month on September 1. One day at a time my sweet lord…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.