Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      resune
      Participant

Hi everyone.
      I have been gambling free for 2 months now( slots ). Today out of the blue i bought a scratch card at store. Should i worry about this. Did i broke my vault/promise to myself. Im really worried about slipping back at slots. Did anyone had similar experience

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums
      Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!
      Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.
      As well as the forums New Members are invited to join Charles in the New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK)
      And on that note….
      I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂
      Take care
      The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Resune

How are you, Id like to hear more about you and your

resune
        Participant

Hi
        I slowly started gambling again after that day. Please pople do not the mistake i did

charles

Hi Resune,

Well done on looking for help.

Scratch cards can be very dangerous in many ways. I hope you start a thread in the My Journal Forum, it is a busier forum and you will get more responses there. Connecting to the groups would help as well.

charles

Hi Resune,

Please read previous comment. You can get a lot of support here – in the My Jounral Forum, the Groups and on the Helpline.

None of us can do it on our own. There are a lot of actions you can take that will make your next bet less likely.

Dolly
      Participant

Hi. Yesterday, I made it 3:45 w; no temptations, today I seriously doubt I’ll make it 24 hours. I’m not playing cryptogram with my words. I had a problems with my hands and fingers, I think the gambling is a 2′ disability to the 1′ disability. I think gambling is a way I chose to unlock misery of my chosen. Today, if anyone reads this. I appreciate your help with any first choices you have made towards coping with addiction at anytime, that you are truly willing to share?:-(

Dolly
      Participant

I’ll take it to the man, upstairs, I got things to do. Please, don’t encourage me to forfeit my income to any nonlegitimitate entities or unrealistic opportunities please hear my prayers! Goodbye

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.