Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      low-life
      Participant

Hi I live in scoland atm and I got a system that I can bet a horse on my computer and lay it off on my bet fair exchange account! I do this early in the morning and usually make 20 to 50. I had 15k of saving but now only got 8k as I bet on horses to if I fancy them and bet a lot of odds on horse and been chasing a 1 k lost which turned into a 7k lost! So now I feel it’s not even worth making that 20 to 50 a day as i lost so much! I just want to chase back what I lost by betting big on favs. Any advice would be grateful!

You can control it cut your losses now. You are in a better position than most you still have money. Most of us don’t because we gambled it away and had to hit rock bottom before we even acknowledged there was a problem. If you chase just once in your life the bug is in you. Normal people lose 20 bucks and walk away you lost 7k on horses that’s a complusive gambler you chased you have a problem. But it is not the end of world just stop now and look at it like one big mistake but if you continue to gamble for sure it will happen over and over again till your down 70k. Let me be the first to tell you Gambling is the worst thing you can do for a supplementary income because you will lose in the long haul not just money but time and the damage it does to your pysche is horrendous you only lost 7k if you have a job your guaranteed to make that back if your don’t gamble again.

Best of luck to you and remember bet free is the way to be.

charles

<

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our
      privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

charles

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that you start your own thread in the My Journal Forum.

Please note though that this site is here to help those who have decided to address their gambling addiction. A few of your posts on others threads seem to suggest that you are looking for help on how to win back your losses. If that is what you are here for then I am afraid you ahve come to the wrong site.

If you are in a hole financially then the best advice, when in a hole, is to stop digging. You can stop gambling, there is life after gambling.

Read the other posts here and you will see the things that are helping others stop. When you start your own new thread in the My Journal Forum I hope you tell us which of those positive actions you can apply to your own situation.

jpcapistrano
      Participant

Is there any advice that I can use to stop gambling? I’m down with debts big time. Please help.. 🙁

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.