Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      migouch
      Participant

Hi All – I finally came to the conclusion last week that I am in fact addicted to gambling. In the space of three years, I’ve managed to lose £18k and stake a total of over £500k on exchange sites.

I always knew I was down but it wasn’t until I asked all the bookie websites for my full account statements that I was able to see the real damage. My fiance knows all of this and I opened up to her that I had this problem. Thankfully she is here to support me through it but I am struggling to fully walk away from this completely. I love been able to place £5 accas at the weekend but I know to get past any potential slip I need to leave gambling 100%.

I feel like accepting this addiction problem is a step in the right direction but in the last week I’ve still placed a few £5 accumulators and I’ve hidden this from my partner. I love Football and I want to get back to the place where I can watch a game without thinking of the odds but it’s tough. Can anyone offer any help on where to start?

£18k is a house deposit – thankfully I haven’t lost everything but I need to put something in place to ever letting myself come close to that in the future.

charles

Hi Migouch and welcome to the site. It looks as if your post seems to have been missed here. Can I suggest that you copy and paste it into a new thread in the My Journal Forum? It is a much busier forum and you will get more feedback and support there.

You can stop gambling, I promise you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.