Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      peterso
      Participant

day one of my journey i have to stop before i lose everything i feel positive at the miment but i know bad times ahead anyone any tips i have lost a lot of money over the years and i am currently in debt with it all

Dave43
      Participant

I am currently going thru the same rollercoaster. To get out if this madness you have to replace gambling routine. Replacing routines helped for me and I believe that it will help for you. Find something that can replace the trill you receive from gambling, it can be anything – going for a walk, joining a gym or finding a new hobby.

Considered self-exclusion. There are many websites, for example https://www.gamstop.co.uk/.

I believe that you will recover and never gamble again!

dunc
      Participant

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

As well as the forums New Members are invited to join Charles in the New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK)

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

Steev
      Participant

and good to talk to you in group earlier. I know you are finding things tough at the moment – but if you have the time to read through some of the posts on the forum you will see how others have got through the early days and I am sure that you can as well.

As I said in group – not chasing losses is the single biggest thing that we can do to recover. Let it go – look at it as the price you had to pay to find things out about yourself – now you have found things out, there is no need to pay any more.

Focus on getting good support for yourself and ensuring that you don’t have access to the means to gamble or the time to gamble. I wish you well.

Bndet99
      Participant

Dave, I am currently trying to find new routines as well. It’s weird how the old bad habits creep up. New routines will help us shutdown these thoughts. I am trying to get my first day today. Reading, exercising, and writing are some I have to start but I will need others. Stay strong man!

peterso
      Participant

you stay strong as well we can beat this

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.