Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      charles

This came up in the Topic group discussion.  It is from the UK GA Literature.

1.Accept criticism gratefully, being honestly glad for an opportunity to improve yourself
      2.Do not indulge in self-pity. Begin to feel the laws of compensation operating in all facets of your life.
      3.Do not expect special consideration from anyone.Control your temper.
      4.Meet emergencies with poise.
      5.Does not have feelings easily hurt.
      6.Accept responsibility for your own actions.
      7.Outgrow the all or nothing stage.
      8.Learn to recognize that no person or situation is wholly good or bad, and begin to appreciate the Golden Mean.
      9.Be patient at reasonable delays. Learn that you are not the arbitrator of the universe and that you must often adjust yourself to the other people and their convenience.
      10.Be a good loser. Endure defeat and disappointment without whining or complaining to others or yourself.
      11.Do not worry about things you cannot help.
      12.Do not give yourself to boasting or showing off in socially unacceptable, vile, annoying, or unwelcome ways.
      13.Be honestly glad when others enjoy success or good fortune. It is time to outgrow envy and jealousy.
      14.Listen thoughtfully to the opinion of others. Be open minded. Do not become argumentative when your views are opposed.
      15.Do not be a chronic fault finder.
      16.Plan things in advance rather than trusting to the inspiration of the moment.

I know that when I was gamblign I was the opposite of ALL of these!

slotjunkie
      Participant

Thanks for the post. I love what it says.

charles

Bump

This evenings Topic was “Plan things in advance or plan for the future?”

Whilst not gambling and anything daunting should be taken ODAAT it is worth remember No. 16 on the maturity list

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.