Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole, It does seem overwhelming.  It’s just a temporary situation.  It’s hard when someone is invading your personal time. Take care and don’t overdo it.  Wish you were here!!!Seize all the good things in life

cat438
    Participant

Carole, I have found it interesting as I get more "mature" that I seem to need more quiet time or space to myself.  I loved all the hustle and bustle when I was younger, but now I do like alone time.  It will be surprising how fast the time goes and then when everyone leaves you will be missing them and finding it too quiet.  I do hate the mosquitoes though.  I need to go buy some flowers and get them planted this weekend, although they are now forecasting rain!!!  I will do what I can do and not stress about it. Lock yourself in your bedroom and shut everyone out to get some quiet time!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

p
    Participant

Hi Carole
    Glad you fessed up and got straight back here after your slip.. i could not i would be constantly out there again if i go once so well done. Keep continuing your recovery journey, i think you are doing great
    P

cat438
    Participant

Carole, you really have lots going on right now with everyone around.  I know you are not complaining as you love your family, however, it is tough when we don’t get some quiet time.  You also have  lot more going on with having to clean the renters place and now you have weeding to do as well.  I know that I find it hard to do as much physical work as I did when I was younger.  I sometimes have to remind myself that I am not a young thing anymore and to be patient with myself.  The brain wants to do it, but the body is not able. LOL  It would help if I lost some weight and got in shape though.  I need to get off the lazy boy and start doing something about it as it will not happen magically.  I wish there was a magic fairy who could just wave her wand and I was 50lb lighter.  It is what it is though and I will ***** my blessings.  Have a great gamble free day Carole!!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you (((Friends))) for your kind posts. I was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted yesterday and had to dig really deep to find the energy to do the things I needed to do. I did not want to go clean the renters’ house. All I wanted to do was sleep. I did it anyways so that I could reduce my sense of feeling overwhelmed. I also went to bed early and did sleep. Today my second Bouvier ***** to go to the groomers and I have a haircut appointment, and I want to color my hair. Today almost seems like a day off. When I was at the groomers yesterday with my one Bouvier, I saw a notice on the bulletin board about a 12 year old dog needing a good home. The family have moved and left the dog behind. I already have 5 dogs, four of them seniors. I keep thinking who is going to adopt a 12 year old medium size dog?? I am torn and feel like I should take the dog, but I already have so many. My dogs wouldn’t be happy with a new addition to our family, as they all want attention, though they would eventually adjust. If I asked Danny he would say go ahead, that I’m the one home with the dogs and looking after them. Carole

desdemona
    Participant

Good morning (((Friends)))! The past three days have been rainy and overcast with a gazillion mosquitoes, so not conducive to outside work. Danny arrives home at midnight tonight from his 3 day golf weekend. He leaves to go back to work tomorrow later in the day. I am taking my 3 granddaughters to the movies this afternoon and need to clean my renters’ house before I do that. I looked at the 12 year old dog yesterday and it didn’t feel right for me to take it, so I decided not to. My granddaughter helped me do a pros and cons list, and the only thing on my pro list was that I would be giving the dog a good home. I am like an emotional sponge and felt depressed that someone would leave a 12 year old dog at the kennels to find a home for itself. But I reasoned that adding another dog to my 5 dogs was going to feel like another commitment and make me feel more overwhelmed. I didn’t sleep well last night and it took me hours to fall asleep. I just have to do what I need to do today despite being tired. I’m starting to plan for our cruise to Alaska at the beginning of August. I bought a cute black jacket to wear to dinner with a 50% coupon yesterday. I had four 50% coupons but the lady said I could only use one yesterday, for one item. So today I am going to go on the hunt for another piece of clothing at the big girl’s store at 50% off. Tomorrow I will do the same. Why would I pay full price when a bit of planning will get me some good pieces of clothing at half off? I love deals/steals! Carole

neva
    Participant

I love a good buy too and half price is an amazing savings.  An Alaskan Cruise sounds like fun.  We’ve talked about it and just might do a cruise some day.  You’ll be able to show off your cute clothes that you saved a ton of money on. Win win for you!

cat438
    Participant

(((Carole))) we have had lots of rain here as well, although the mosquitoes are not out yet.  I know there will be lots of them once they come!!!!  It is amazing how the time is flying for you to go on your cruise.  I think an Alaskan Cruise is something that I would love to do, but hubby wants to do a road trip so he can stop and fish etc.  I loved the way you described the store "the big girl’s store" it is a much better way to describe it.  I always say I am going to the "fat store", which in itself is already negative before I even go.  Hubby always ask if they sell fat at it.  Funny little quirks that I have.  We have sold the trailer, well we got a deposit on it and they are bringing the balance on Wednesday night.  I don’t know why but I cant believe it sold.  It did not take that long as we only put it up for sale the middle of May, but it felt that it was not selling.  We will get our line of credit paid off and I am seriously thinking of a trip to Scotland in September or October.  It would be something to look forward to.  I hope that you get a chance to have some quiet time for yourself.  Take care and have a great day!!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you (((Cat))) and (((Sherry))) for your kind posts. I am getting some relax time as Danny has left to go back to work and I don’t have any appointments scheduled on my calendar till June 23th, on which day I will drive my granddaughter to her mental health appointment. I will also go into the Laura store and see what I can buy there for my cruise. Shopping is limited in the small community I live in. My daughter and son-in-law’s possession date for their new house is on Friday. Moving may be a bit complicated for them as it has been raining for 4 days straight with more rain predicted, and their yard is pure mud as it’s a new build and has no gravel driveway or grass. Of course there is no hurry for them to move from my property, but I’m very sure they want to get moved into their house. It’s quite a ways for my daughter to drive the girls to school and to all their activities like swimming, gymnastics, etc. from my home. I believe that you’ll go on your trip to Scotland Cat. I’m so happy for you! No more "fat girls" store for you!! Call it the big girls store, and be proud of it. Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes!! Carole 

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole, Planning for your cruise, how exciting!  I finally bought living room furniture and new mattresses for the beds yesterday.  I will get them on Friday.  I always love a deal, like your 50% discount on clothes.  My living room set was in the clearance room.  I got a good deal!!  I read where you are putting your property on the market in 2014.  I hope it sells so you can move here.  Take care of yourself!!  Miss you friend.Seize all the good things in life

desdemona
    Participant

Today is partial move day to the city, and I am staying overnight, as I am moving my bed from home, instead of buying one. My friend who used to be my best friend for many, many years, has invited me over to her place for a barbecue supper. I slept poorly last night and I’m sure it’s because of all the change going on in my life now, even if I know it’s the best change for me at this stage of my life. One step at a time!  

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole,  I just wanted to tell you that you are very brave and a lot stronger than you think you are.  I know it must have been very hard on you to have to return the 2 dogs that you had adopted and to have to think about euthanizing your other 2 dogs.  I am so glad than you found your cat!!  Change is hard, even when you know it is the right thing for you.  Everything will be alright, it will just take time and some adjustments.  Take care of yourself and remember that I am always here for you.Seize all the good things in life

cat438
    Participant

(((Carole))) I am so glad that you found your cat and that you are moving forward with what you want to do with your life.  I know that it is your choice to move, however, it is still difficult.  I am hoping that you may have a couple of months to move as it may make the transition easier for you to do it gradually over two months.  I am sure it felt strange being in your own apartment for the first night.  I hope that you enjoyed your BBQ with your friend.  It is an adjustment making a new life, but also exciting for you at the same time.  Take care and you will get there one day at a time.One day at a time my sweet lord…

desdemona
    Participant

I am home from the city. I had planned to only stay one overnight but ended up staying 2 overnights. The first night in my new place, I slept horribly and woke up more tired than when I went to bed. Last night I slept better than I have for a long time. My bed got moved as did the boxes I had packed. The boxes are unpacked but it was over 30 degrees in the city and I couldn’t see my way clear to washing cupboards, so I left all my kitchen stuff on the kitchen counters. I hooked up my utilities at my rental, and am waiting for a phone call about my cable and internet package. I’m getting a free 40 inch LED TV for signing up with a new account, so now I don’t have to move a TV from home to my new place. I also opened my own bank account at a bank in the city, so I made some progress. Spent the couple days I was there with my friend of over 30 years, and we picked up where we left off, even though we didn’t see each other much while I was married. I did a bit of shopping at Walmart for things like a front entrance mat, dish drying rack, kitchen garbage can, etc. I had some anxiety throughout the 2 days buy kept telling myself that I was doing well, and that kept me going. I have no need to move my bedroom armoire as there is a small walk-in ****** that has shelves. I am moving light, with only the essentials. I noticed that when I was with my friend I had anxiety about making mistakes like giving her the wrong directions, etc. My self-confidence has taken a s**t kicking for years. Carole  

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole,  You are making progress.  Your self confidence will return as you have to make more decisions on your own, and you will stop second guessing yourself.  Things will start falling into place.  I am glad you have friends in the city where you are moving as that helps a lot.  You are going through big changes right now so be kind to yourself, don’t be too hard on yourself.  I think of you often and I am sending you good and positive thoughts.  Take care. Your friend, Liz.Seize all the good things in life

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.