Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    p
    Participant

I was thinking this morning and wondering how all my friends here are doing.. i thought of how you would post often and sometimes meet in chat.. it would be lovely to catch up in chat again with you sometime over a coffee…
    I hope that life is good for you right now, miss seeing you round here

P

kpat
    Participant

Missing you!

bettie
    Participant

Vacation
    Please post wheen you get back!
    Hope you had a great time!
    bettie

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. I text you yesterday to see how you are and how your vacation went. Just wondering how you are? Post soon.

p
    Participant

I was relieved to see you have been away because you have been on vacation.. thats wonderful, hope you had a great time. Cant wait to hear about it

P

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you to (((P))), (((Bettie))), (((Liz))), (((kpat))), and (((Vera))) for your posts on my thread. I did go to Mexico and there was 17 of us, all our daughters, son-in-laws and 8 grandkids. With that many family members, there is going to be drama and there was some. I spent half the vacation in the hotel as I was watching the Paris situation evolve. I am unable to tolerate sitting in the heat for more than a couple hours so it was more enjoyable to vacation my way. We came home to frozen water lines which Danny was unable to resolve before he went back to work for 2 weeks. Now we have a frozen sewer line so I have no water or sewer at the present time. I go to the renters house to do my dishes, do laundry and shower. It is hugely inconvenient but at least I have somewhere I have access to water and sewer. Truth be known I have been suffering with depression. I babysat my grandkids after school yesterday and forgot my phone there. I also don’t post because Danny made a comment about this site being a mutual admiration society where people tell each other that it’s OK you had a slip/relapse. He obviously reads posts so I don’t feel like I can be honest with my posts knowing he is reading them. With oil prices being so low, Danny may get laid off in July or August. My daughter’s husband who also works in the oil patch was offered a different job with the same company because of lay offs. They want him to work 7 days in camp and then 7 days off. My daughter who is now working full time is stressed out as she needs him to be home in the evenings to help with the little girls and their evening activities. I’m depressed about my what I feel is an empty and emotionally abusive marriage and I see no way out. Carole

charles

Hi Carole, if you don’t feel able to post as often maybe connect to the groups a little more. That is always a safe environment. Stay strong, one day at a time.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. Sorry that you are depressed. It always seems when we are down multiple things occur to bring us down further. I will be praying that your Hubby and son in law don’t get laid off. We both know how awesome this site is so don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I am always here for you. Please call me, text me or email me. I am a good listener and I care about you. I want you to find happiness as we all deserve that in our lives. Take care.

p
    Participant

Im sorry you dont want to post with hubby reading anymore but i understand that.. how about coming to the groups for chats.
    I was so glad to see a post from you again. I hope that things improve for you soon..

P

vera
    Participant

Welcome back Carole!
    I was delighted to hear you spent a family holiday in Mexico! Seems as if you had a lot of family there. Personally, I would prefer a smaller group. I don’t like crowds!
    The thought of coming back to frozen pipes would not appeal to me! I am so much into comfort zones, I refuse to leave the bed if we hit zero. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for you taking laundry etc to the renter’s house. The only consolation is from now on the days will be getting longer and the ice melting, I hope!
    I hope and pray things will improve for your son in law. At least in Danny’s case he would be nearer retirement age but a young family need to have security. I suppose a week on /week off would be far better than having to look for another job though. They could adjust to that if it was the only option.
    I have tried again to e mail you Carole with no success .
    Do you still have my email address?
    If you wish to send me an email I would be very happy to respond!
    Take care and try to find a cozy corner where you can snuggle up with your cats until the thaw comes!

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you (((Charles))), (((P))), and (((Vera))) for your kind posts. I am happy to report that I now have water and sewer since yesterday afternoon. That makes everything so much easier. The sewer line must have thawed with the warmer weather we are having. I was supposed to go for breakfast with my renter/casual friend this morning. I’m not a morning person but I set my alarm clock, got up even though I was still really tired, and got in the shower. While I was in the shower she texted me to say she had a headache and didn’t feel like going anywhere. I wish she had texted me 15 minutes earlier so I could have gone back to sleep. I will not be making any early morning plans with her again. Tomorrow afternoon I am taking my granddaughters to the new movie Paddington. I am feeling better now that I have water and sewer. It all felt overwhelming. My granddaughter in Edmonton has gone back to intensive therapy of 20 hours a week and she is required to work 20 hours a week as part of this therapy program. She decided not to go back to university this term. She is going to look for a job that is not stressful. I told her not to work more than the 20 hours as she has trouble saying no when asked to work extra hours. She assured me she wouldn’t. Danny and I have been paying her rent since September and will continue to do so. She rents from a long-time friend of mine so we have another set of eyes looking out for her. One day at a time. Carole

Anonymous

Hi Carole , you sound more upbeat than in your previous posts .. There is nothing more annoying than not having running water when we are so used to it .
    I read your post where you said your husband reads the posts on here . It occurred to me you could set up a thread under a new name … Although you may by feel the same way now .
    Getting back to real life after a holiday is always depressing .
    You are very kind to your grand-daughter and I think that is great advice to give her . Working too many hours could overwhelm her .

Keep strong . Keep posting !!

vera
    Participant

Glad to hear things are on the up and up Carole!
    If I had no water I would go nuts!!!! I’m bad enough as I am!!
    I had arranged to meet a friend (ex work colleague) at midday one day last week. When we met, she told me they had phoned her from work at 7 am to come in on overtime that day! She turned it down because of our arrangement! I did that a few times too. People before money! However, I have been left in the lurch a few times by other so called friends when something better turned up. We live and learn, Carole! Next day my friend texted me to say she has been offered a whole week of nights next week they are so short staffed!! I’m delighted for her! he needs the money! Unheard of to get 7 nights OT but the new boss who took over before I left has left a trail of destruction. Five staff left since I left! She is impossible to work with, it seems. Even agency staff cancel after one shift with her! I often wonder how these people are given positions of authority ? The world seems to have turned upside down!
    I hope things work out for Nicole and that she follows your sound advice Carole! You are a wonderful grandmother to her!

lizbeth4
    Participant

I am glad that you have water and sewage again. You sound much more upbeat. When I am gone for awhile, I leave the water (in the main bathroom) on, just a drip, as it helps the lines from freezing. I get overwhelmed when things happen but I am getting used to dealing with them as I have no one else to rely on. You are a good Grandmother, Carole. At least we have our grandchildren that bring us joy. Have fun at the movie. Take care.

desdemona
    Participant

I finally made an appointment with my family doctor and am going to ask her for a referral to a psychiatrist. I have been diagnosed with depression decades ago and am on medication. I also suffer with anxiety attacks and am having other mental health symptoms that are not being treated. I realize that I do not have the coping skills to deal with my gambling addiction. When I don’t gamble I binge eat, and I go through my days watching many hours of TV and being on my computer. I have just substituted gambling with eating to cope with my emotions. I have no life, other than my grandkids and my daughter. The trauma I have experienced is impacting me in so many unhealthy ways that I can’t just go along like this anymore. All I want to do is isolate myself, and have no interest in being around people, or doing anything. I need to wait for a month for my doctor’s appointment, but I have put this off for years, so a month is nothing. If I do nothing, nothing will change. Carole

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.