Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. I am glad that you made a appointment with your Doctor and are seeking help. I am watching my ex son in law battle severe depression and he refuses to get help. My grandson is suffering also because his Dad is unavailable. I totally think that you are doing the healthy thing by getting help. Sometimes we can’t deal with our problems by ourselves especially when we have experienced trama. Take care. I am thinking of you.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Carole, I am here for you. You know how to contact me. I am thinking of you today.

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you (((Liz))) and (((Vera))) for your supportive posts. If anyone is thinking of gambling, go online and look at your bank statements for the past year, and look at how many withdrawals and the amounts of money spent gambling. I was truly sickened by what I saw and had a big anxiety attack. And I’m supposed to be in recovery?? I can’t change the past but can change what I do today. The past 2 days I have spent organizing my income tax to take to the accountant, as well as going through 2 filing cabinets and desk to sort through and either keep, recycle, or shred documents that we no longer require. It actually took me all day yesterday. It’s sedentary work but at least it’s productive. Carole

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole, I can’t even grasp how much money I have spent gambling! I know that it is a lot! It is good that you are getting organized with your paperwork. It seems like it is a never ending project. But like you said it is productive. I shredded and organized (filing cabinet) when I first moved in here but now my filing cabinet needs to be reorganized and I still have several boxes of paperwork to go through. I think that is one of my least favorite things to do. LOL!! I am getting my tax stuff together also and I know that I will have to pay taxes again. It is what it is!! All we can do is learn from our past mistakes and move forwards. Take care.

desdemona
    Participant

Thanks (((Liz))) for your kind post. Today is the one year anniversary of my stem cell donation to a 50 year old woman somewhere in the world. I don’t know her health status as I did not receive a 3 month report on her condition, as I was told I would. It either means that she is from a country that doesn’t share information with the donor, or that she has declined to provide the report. I’m doing well not gambling, and looking at actual numbers made me sick with a panic attack. I am just now fully comprehending how gambling made me so ill emotionally. To say I’m a slow learner is an understatement. I am feeling better emotionally but have a very long way to go towards good mental health. I’m celebrating today with getting a haircut. Carole

kpat
    Participant

I am glad yo are doing something for you. I missed your posts.

p
    Participant

I am glad you are back here.. i miss the days you would come to chat.. i hope you will join in again and we can have our cuppas together.. hope you are having a good day today.

P

desdemona
    Participant

I spoke to Cat a few days ago. She is in a transitioning phase with retirement coming up and of course with dealing with the reality of a spouse who has quit drinking and them trying to find their new normal. They may go to visit their grandchildren for two months early next year, so they can be a bigger part of the children’s lives. I am also in a transitioning stage and that’s all I’m going to say about that. I don’t post as often as there are some things people need to work out in their heads, and when a person knows it’s the right decision for them, they know. Sometimes a person needs to get away from talk of gambling, as it is not something they are struggling with at the time. I spend my time cleaning and babysitting and with my cats. It doesn’t sound very exciting and it’s not. I’m going to be looking for a 2 day a week job, just to get out a bit. There isn’t much to do in my small town other than go to a movie and out to eat. I don’t bowl or floor curl or belong to any groups. My eyesight is such that quilting is very difficult for me now due to early cataracts. I can’t see to thread the needle and it gets on my nerves. Hope everyone has a gamble free day! Carole

p
    Participant

I was happy to see your post and to hear that our cat is doing ok.. wahooo.. i worry about everyone when i dont hear for a while, hypocritical really because i tend to dissapear for a while but am usually in groups.. good luck on the job hunting.. i get your post.

P

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. I would love to meet you somewhere. I sent you a message via Facebook. Talk to you soon. Take care.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. It was nice chatting with you yesterday. Take care of yourself.

p
    Participant

Well im having my cuppa and thinking of all my GT friends across the seas.. just hope you are having a good day and that things are going well for you and most especially i am wishing you are gamble free.. Just saying hi its been a while

P

p
    Participant

Hows things for you today? Hoping that you are well and happy..

P

p
    Participant

I saw you post on Lizbeths thread, was wondering how you are doing yourself.. there is a group on now no one is there, it is un moderated, but thought you may want to pop in and say hi, i have missed you and our coffees…

P

desdemona
    Participant

Thank you (((P))) and (((Liz))) for your supportive posts. I am doing fine. My husband was one of the 1000 people demobilized from Fort McKay two weeks ago, which means he is unemployed. We have moved to the house from the mobile home as we have no renters because of the oil bust here. I am working fulltime as a support worker for individuals with developmental/physical delays. For the past 3 weekends I have had my granddaughters here overnight on Saturdays. It’s a tradition I decided to start. They each have their own rooms here, and like leaving their stuff here. My Mother is hospitalized in Winnipeg and I am flying out on Friday and returning Easter Monday. According to my brother, my Mother is not that lucid, is having trouble remembering and forming thoughts. I have come to a new appreciation regarding my Mother. Since she has been hospitalized, I haven’t been able to pick up the phone and talk to her. It reminded me that once she passes away some day, I will miss picking up the phone to see how she is, or to tell her funny things about her cat that I took in over a year ago. Hope everyone has a gamble free day! Carole

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.