Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole, I am glad to see your post here! Thank you for your supportive post on my thread. I am sorry to hear about your Mother. Even though we have issues with our Mothers, when they are no longer here it will be hard. I want to say congrads on your job. You didn’t miss a beat in finding employment. I know this must be a difficult time for you and Danny. I know that you are strong and will get through it. I am thinking of you! My Grandson has his own bedroom at my place. He loves it!! Take care.

p
    Participant

Im sorry to hear of your husbands unemployment and congratulations on getting that job. Your grandaughters must love coming to visit. Well done Carole sure beats gambling hey..

P

p
    Participant

Hey i just wanted to say hello… gee i so miss the days we used to cyber chat over our coffee.. hope things are good for you, hope to see you round again soon, im selfish, i miss you

P

desdemona
    Participant

|Thank you (((Liz))) and (((P))) for your kind posts on my thread. I thought I’d update my thread. Danny is still unemployed and I’m still working 35 hours a week with people that have developmental and physical disabilities. I have a very supportive boss and some of the staff are helpful in me learning all the computer applications for this position and the job itself, and one individual in particular seems to seek out opportunities to criticize tasks that aren’t done in the same way she does them. I suppose not everyone is going to like me, but it’s just the way it is. One of the great benefits of working is not having urges to gamble. I am chronically tired and when I get off shift, all I want to do is go home. If I have any extra energy left after a work day, I’ll get the mail, pick up a few groceries, or stop at the vet’s and buy cat food. It’s like gambling was never a problem for me; that’s how little I ever think about it. Not to mention that I work too hard to squander my money in a vlt. A little TV and I will call it a night for today. Carole

lizbeth4
    Participant

I’m glad to see you post and update us. I sent you a message via Facebook but you never replied. I figured that you were too busy with work. Carole, how is your Mother doing? You can’t please everyone (work), just do your best. You are very personable and knowledgeable. They are lucky to have you. Take care!

p
    Participant

Wow what a massive jump to full time work straight away.. that must be a lot on you and having Danny not working. I hope that you are ok.. i am so pleased to see you are not gambling, above anything that is what is important because of how this addiction progresses.. wonderful to see you posting, i have missed it. Keep us updated.. how are the cats?

P

p
    Participant

Hows things, i really miss seeing you around here, and Cat.. i always think of you when i post. Whats happening, i know you are so super busy with work, i hope that things are going well for you these days..
    I miss the days of the toffee coffee in cyberspace but things change, people change, situations change, something that is ever evolving, but i am always still thinking, wheres Carole, wheres Cat? Just saying hi and hoping to see a post from you sometime soon.. wishing you gamble free days and happiness

P

p
    Participant

Hiya Carole

So wishing you are having a good time at the moment in your life and you are busy with the grandkids and work etc. A pat to your Ferris and co…

P

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. I was thinking of you today. I hope that everything is going well.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi. Sent me a friend request.

vera
    Participant

Good to see you here, Carole! Thanks for posting to my thread.
    Did you get the email I sent you before Christmas?
    I think of you a lot.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. FB says we are friends. Send me a new friend request so I can accept.

lizbeth4
    Participant

Hi Carole. FB says we are friends. Send me a new friend request so I can accept.

lizbeth4
    Participant

p
    Participant

I often think of you.. I really miss the days we used to chat over our coffee. I always hope that one day i will see you in a group again. I hope that all is well for you and Danny and i hope that your cats are doing really well, little one eyed Ferrus.. hehe.. hope all is good.

P

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.