Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      applefarm
      Participant

Modern forums notify when your post is replied. Can it be done here.
      It would be a very comfortable feature. For example i posted today 10 posts to this forum, and i won’t come back to here if i won’t get email that some kind of conversation started, someone replied to me. People don’t come to forum to brows all their 10 old post somewhere to see if reply is there, nowadays.
      If suggest feature exist, then educate how to use it.
      Thx 🙂

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Applefarm

This feature does exist. It requires you too make a few changes within your profile . I’ve attached a link to a jpg showing the settings https://www.dropbox.com/s/setwmxsq8d060pd/Comment%20Replies.JPG

adele
      Participant

Hi Harry,

I love this new feature.

Can you please explain the difference between “Content” and “Comment” follow-up notification emails?

Thanks!

Adele

Dunc
      Keymaster

Content refers to the original post that started the thread, If you use the Reply Button then your replying to a “Comment” and as such the notification is “Comment” follow-up notification emails?”

Its all a bit new and confusing. Unfortunately I’ve been on sick leave for the last 2 weeks and haven’t had the time to really make user guides… they will be coming over the next few weeks and anything you feel that needs a little more help then please ask and I’ll do what I can… keep a look out for this page as its where the guides will go

https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en/user-guides-gambling-therapy

adele
      Participant

Well, Harry, you picked a fine time to get sick didn’t you? Ha
      I’ve had pneumonia myself for over a week now .. ugh … I hope you’re okay and feeling better.

So you’re saying if my Profile setting is checked for Content Follow-up Notification, I’ll get an email when any comment is made to that thread. But if the Comment Follow-up box is checked then I will only get notifications when someone clicks on the Reply Button in a comment that I made? (sorry, I’m a little dense)

I’m so glad to hear about the User Guides. So many are struggling with the new site – myself included. Will you be writing – and editing/proofing them yourself?

Adele

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hey Adele

This is a little confusing, the site was written using a CMS that we haven’t used before but gave us so many fabulous opportunities to enhance GT and offer a better service that is future proof. Im talking to the CMS expert in the hope he can put something in laymans terms that explain this …. but I received your email after you commented so its working ;-)… can I have a little time please, Im so busy but I promise ill come back on this soon

The user guides will be a culmination of the team, its going to take time. We had to launch this site as quickly as possible as to not allow our members to be affected by the dreaded “connection lags” we were experiencing. We know that we need to make tweaks and changes, all I can assure you is every member of staff is fully behind making GT brilliant, we just need our members to help us with support and patience… and to point out things we may miss… yes were human 😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.