Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jonathanv
    Participant

I’m so glad to have found this website.  In a nutshell, I gambled compulsively for twelve years until last summer I decided to get help.  I’m a documentary filmmaker, so my recovery was two-part: I found a great psychotherapist and recorded my sessions.  After three months, I lost the desire to gamble (but I’m always on the look out for it’s return!).  My documentary became an integrel part of my therapy and it helped me sort through years of frustration and shame. 
    I am not selling my documentary right now because it’s been entered into film festivals.  I’d like to show the trailer to people who gamble compulsively.  It’s an expression of the gambler’s state of mind, and maybe it will help people.  Again, I’m not selling anything, just wanting to share.  In time, I’d like to start taking it around to high schools as a way to educate the public about the dangers involved in gambling.  For now, I’m excited to share the trailer with you.  You can see it at http://www.lapsedocumentary.com 

kathryn
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,
    I watched your trailer and i have to say, thankfully im a few years into recovery.  I found it to be perhaps triggering for someone who has just made the decision to stop gambling.
    In saying that, well done on tackling your addiction, it is hard for people who arent cgs to understand just how our mind works whilst in the grips of this addiction, i hope they gain some understanding from your documentary.
    I hope you do well Jonathon, and congratulations on your gamble free time
    Take care, K xTo live, that would be a great adventure – Peter Pan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.