Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      paul315
      Participant

I am venting and addressing my personal concerns in the open in place of just using the suggested path to take concerning  questions or complaints regarding the use of Forums, i.e. sending an email to  info@gamblingtherapy.org; and perhaps falling into controversies and confrontations myself, but, not to limit or restrict any appropriate actions or control that the Gambling Therapy Team has or chooses to use. In doing so I am also asking members to review the Privacy Statement and Terms & Conditions for Gambling Therapy website, and the Posting Guidelines & Expectations, for guidance and preempting any possible direct action by the GT team.  We each need the help we find here, and being exempted from that help may not be the best place to find ourselves.
      In my "Our Daily Pledge" topic I posted thoughts about what I see as ongoing and increasing squabbles, and the unnecessary use of terms and phrasing hinting at racial, sexiest, and other offensive thoughts used by some and directed to or at others. The fact that these hurtful words are perhaps hidden by weasel words and different ways in calling something one thing with the meaningless disclaimer and statement that the real word is not allowed, or by using quotes form others or publications to get around actually saying something oneself attempting to get past sensors, and even the more subtle ways that actually scream out hostility, hate, or progresses, does not limit the hurt and damage placed upon others and their recovery.
      And as posted my another member, not saying nothing makes me, or others, part of the problem of perpetuating racism and hatred — "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"; and I do not want to be part of this problem, although I may unintentionally be part of other ones. (My using this quote from Edmund Buke is not in the lease way a claim that I am that good man; I do have my faults and bad character traits, or I would not be here to correct my shortcomings.)  I have also stated before that in my view that this is a place to address and get help for our gambling problems, not to promote, of bash, certain religions, Governments, sport programs, or other practices that are better left at the door when we enter here. These rants and thoughts may be in a way justifiable in helping oneself by venting such issues, but the GT Team, in recognizing that there are such times when members may wish to vent raw emotion, have provide the Family and Friends and the Gamblers ONLY support groups in the more private chat rooms where we can offload intense emotion in a more ‘safe’ and appropriate setting, and one where the monitors can control things if they do get out of hand.
      Enough said, here’s hoping that we can all Post Friendly, and all find what we need in our individual recoveries.
      Larry

Thanks to my Higher Power, My 3G’s – God, GA, and GT,  "Day Two Is Another Day Behind" and with the help from all , I will continue to remain gambling free.– 20/04/2012 10:55:08: post edited by harry.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.