Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    missingme
    Participant

Hi Velvet,
    I hope you see this.  Thank you so much for welcoming me back to the "GT" forum!  After searching for your thread, I discovered there were many.  I decided that the best way for you to see this was to put your name in the title!! 
    I am doing well, and hope to continue to do so.  As you probably remember (as I told it in one of my stories) that I am a  child of parents who gamble.  It affects me because I worry about them, but know that I cannot do anything to help them.  When I was in my teen years, my Dad gambled at private house parties where huge amounts of money were lost and won.  I do remember when he lost our family home, and the memories surrounding it.  We never did have to leave, because my Mom threatened to phone the police and report the group (of successful business men and lawyers in the community) who all were part of this illegal activity. 
    Somewhere across the tides of time I crossed over that line as well.  Never did I think that I would gamble away hard earned money.  Never.  It still catches my breath if I think on it too long!  The beginning was at the end of my marriage which affected me deeply.  Gambling became a ‘fun’ way to bury my sadness and grief.  I didn’t realize what I was doing to myself and my life because the emotional pain was greater than anything I was doing to myself. 
    Fast forward to today.  It was a great day.  Gamble free and I am happy.  Yay.  I make no promises, only that I will make every effort not to gamble. 
    Thank you again Velvet.  Your words are wise and encouraging to many.
    I wish you well.
    MM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.