Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Dark Energy
    Participant

thanks, Kin for your support,
    I read your post about the Pink Cloud syndrome it was informative this is the first time I hear about it and it makes sense.

kin
    Participant

Hi darkenergy,

You can also read up about gambling withdrawal symptoms and gambling addiction cold turkey to learn more.

One day at a time

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#4,
    a bit better, but I am still feeling depressed sad, and scared from another relapse, the past experiences are not promising each time I climb this hole, I fall down right before I reach the surface.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#5,
    I did the horrible exercise of reading all my posts, it is almost one year since I have started this thread “fresh start” I didn’t have the courage to read the posts in the previous thread which I started 2 years back.
    it is a very painful experience to review all your past failures, to read all these hopeful thoughts, and all the depressing thoughts, all your ups and downs.
    I read it to try to learn something from this horrible year of relapses. and I guess what I learned is I should not be very optimistic about my recovery it will lead to misjudgment it will lead to reducing the roadblocks and finally it will lead to a relapse. I guess a slightly pessimistic view will work better and will keep me safe.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Dark Energy.
    Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#6,
    another day of facing my demons and my addiction, frankly, I don’t know which one came first or which one causes the other.
    all I know now is one day at a time.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#7
    the 1st week over, but I am not sure why the progress is slow this time! why I am still so sad and depressed? I am still finding the situation is hopeless but I will keep fighting.
    normally by the end of 1st week, I will be full of hope and momentum. but this time no.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#8,
    one day at a time.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#10
    much better today I did the right things, I was a bit more productive in work.
    the barriers saved me today I have received my salary and immediately get rid of it. “I am smiling from using such words like “get rid of it” about my salary. who could have guessed that I will reach in my life to a point that I am afraid of money and I need to get rid of it as soon as possible?
    anyhow to this after paying all the bills, installments, and transferring an amount for saving, I kept what I need for the rest of the month plus some more for any emergency.
    and guess what, the f****** urges started!! after all the suffering that I have passed through recently!! just a small amount of money triggered me….then the recalculation & budget squeezing started and I figured out that I can use 800$.
    fortunately, I have no way to put that money in trading because I have closed the trading accounts, and I scratched all my cards so I am safe.

to the irony, after running all the options in my head and surrendering to the fact that the only way is to order a replacement card and this will take a week so I have surrendered to the fact that I can’t proceed, and then I had this big smile on my face I don’t know it is because I survived this time or because I have remembered how f******up my brain is. anyhow, one of my colleagues noticed the big smile and asked me what happen, I told him I just won 800$.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#12,
    the depression is less today, this is the life and time heals all wounds.
    I am getting better every day, today I have started thinking and planning what I need to do to solve my life problems and to progress in life.
    I am going back to GYM today it has been months since i last time I was in the gym. and start dieting again I gained a lot of weight during this one and a half year of relapses.
    life is smiling to me today, and I am grateful for that.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#13,
    almost two weeks since the last relapse. no urges to gamble but still feeling down, I had a few hours of hope in the last few days but the main theme still depression, low self-esteem, confused and overwhelmed with the life problems caused by gambling ( or the gambling was an escape of it). either way, I should face all my demons one at a time because I am really overwhelmed.
    yesterday I went back to GYM and start dieting again at least this is one aspect of my life that I put in track again and I have a plan and target for it.

I am reading about SMART recovery, I have downloaded their handbook I am going to read it today.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#14,
    reading more about SMART recovery, it looks like a good approach that attacks the addiction from the roots.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#15
    “addiction is the best thing that happened to me”
    I remember this quote from one youtube video for Dr.Gabor Mate he was quoting the feedback from some of his patients.

I can’t say the same thing, it is the worst thing that can ever happen to a person especially the gambling addiction. but I can understand why someone can say that.

I think now I know myself better.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#16,
    one day at a time

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#17,
    I am in this nice state today, no cravings to gamble no thoughts about losses, and on the other hand no thoughts about recovery, I guess this how normal nonaddict people feel all the time. just peaceful life.
    it was a stressful day at work but it really didn’t affect me, my stress tolerance is increasing.
    after work, I came back home, prepared a good dinner, and I am going to GYM after posting this post.
    suddenly I have all this free time, after the gym, I am planning to watch a movie and continue reading a book.

Dark Energy
    Participant

Day#18,
    one day at a time.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.