Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ash1608
      Participant

hi guys

This is my first post about my gambling addiction, every payday i go to the arcade and 9/10 times waste my wages. 

its affecting me and my family now and things have to change but i really dont know where to start. Something has to change i am fed up with struggling and not having money its so depressing 

I always think this is the time i will win and recover some of my loses but it never happens

Any help and advice will be amazing

Thank you for reading

Steev
      Participant

You have made a start by admitting that you have a problem with gambling. You have admitted it here and you need to now see yourself as a problem gambler who needs to stop. How? Lose access to the means of gambling. That may mean admitting to your family that you are a gambler and letting them take control of your finances. It’s a big step and you will probably need support. Call GA or a similar self-help group local to you and let them talk you through it. Then keep busy. Don’t give yourself time to gamble. It is not easy to stop and it is not easy to stay stopped, but it is possible – believe me.

velvet

Hello Ash and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

As well as the forums New Members are invited to join Charles in the New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK)

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.