Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jamesn
      Participant

My wife is a gambling addict but has not played for a year. My family found out that my wife has a gambling problem and since then she has not visited my brothers and sisters. My family is a big part of our social life as many of my friends are also friends of the family. Previously get togetther almost every two weeks but now I know that my wife is feeling ashame and afraid to face my family so we have stayed away for a year now. Sometimes I go back but just by myself but even that is also very infrequent compared to before.
      My wife is also not talking to one of her sister. This sister bought a house and invited my wife’s entire family over this weekend except us. When I found out about this I feel really hurt. It is like a slap in the face. I know my wife has problems but she has not stolen or borrowed her sister money.
      My wife tries really hard to get rid of her demons. She gave me control of her finances including a paid credit check. I feel that the social isolation could hurt her effort in the long run. What I wanted most is that my wife goes with me to visit my family. I don’t think my friends and relatives will look down on her. I also want her to make peace with her sister. What can I do?
      Thanks,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.