1 November 2013 at 6:16 pm #2888
I am posting these instructions in a Reply (below) rather than in the New Topic body (here) so I can edit it if I have written something incorrectly or something changes. Feel free to add to it, please.
Adele1 November 2013 at 6:17 pm #2889
FIRST: CHECK YOU PROFILE SETTINGS –
1. Click on big purple Gambling Therapy at top left of page, then click My Profile on the right.
2. In Locale Settings, make sure you have selected the correct Time Zone by finding a listing for your country and any city that reflects your current time (your city may not be in the list).
3. Under User Type, make sure you have selected “Gambler” or “Friends and Family” so you are allowed in to the appropriate groups. (Gamblers are not allowed in F&F groups, and F&Fs are not allowed in Gamblers groups – Community Groups are open to both Gamblers and Friends and Family.)
4. Make sure the correct Language is selected.
5. If you Edit your Profile (or if you are setting up a new Profile), be sure to Save it.
SECOND: CHECK FOR SCHEDULED DAYS AND TIMES THE SUPPORT GROUP SESSIONS WILL BE OPEN –
1. Click on Support Groups (between Helpline and Services at top of page).
2. Find the day and time of the Support Group you want to join on the colored graph, or scroll down for a list of times sorted by Group Types. If your Profile Time Zone is set correctly, the times listed here should reflect the proper times for you.
THIRD: JOIN THE GROUP SESSION –
1. When the Group start time is close, click on Helpline (between Forums and Support Groups at top of page). You should see the Group session as soon as it opens, and there will be a “Join” button you can click on to get in to the chat room.
REMEMBER: Get there on time because the Groups are closed after first 15 minutes.
I hope this helps!
Adele5 November 2013 at 9:17 pm #2890
I missed the F&F Group today. I thought the time had been changed to 3:00 pm Central Standard … but it was at 2:00 pm today. Ugh!
I hate that I missed you Velvet – and anyone else that was there.
If (that’s a big IF) I can get up at 5am tomorrow, I will make the group in the morning.
I will learn to check the Time Schedule for Groups every week and set my phone alarms accordingly …
Adele5 November 2013 at 10:06 pm #2891velvetModerator
I missed you Adele – maybe tomorrow.
V7 November 2013 at 9:34 pm #2892
I thought the F&F Group was scheduled to start 30 minutes ago, but it was 2 1/2 hours ago – I think! – eeesh … I don’t know why I have so much trouble with military time!7 November 2013 at 11:05 pm #2893velvetModerator
We will meet soon I have no doubt.
V8 November 2013 at 2:38 am #2894
I checked again, and the schedule did say 15:00 on my screen, and I was there at 3:00 but there was no active session available. Did you have the Thursday group today V?8 November 2013 at 11:44 am #2895DuncKeymaster
Unfortunately we did have a few glitches last night, this was due to the database transfer to the new server, the issue has been identified and and rectified
Were so sorry for any inconvenience
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.