Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lloydy86
      Participant

I would just like to say a massive thank you to all at the Gordon Moody Association and a special thank you to Jane, Carl, Keira and Lawrence. I was a gambling addict for 17 years and my life was in a complete mess of misery. And then I discovered the GMA MMOC rehab programme which is split into two parts of one week residentual stay at a retreat centre followed by weekly counselling sessions and a follow up stay 8 weeks after. So before I entered i was nervous and scared as hell and in all honesty wanted to run away but Jane and the team make you feel at ease and not ashamed to deal with your problems. The coping techniques that I have leant throughout the programme have now set me up for a positive recovery and I can proudly say I am now 12 weeks gamble free. I can not recommend this rehab programme highly enough and if you are one of the lucky ones like myself to be accepted then take it as it’s completely saved and changed my life. So once again to Jane and the team thank you and I wish you all a very happy Christmas. And to anyone reading this every day away from gambling is a good day.

Lloyd

janey1
      Participant

Your kind words make everything worthwhile, I will pass them on to everyone involved in the programme.

You worked hard with us and I know you continue to work hard, you’re a brave and intelligent man with a wonderful gambling free future ahead of him and I look forward to hearing all about it!

Take care and Merry Christmas!!

Jane

Lloydy86
      Participant

I’m very proud to say I am now 17 weeks gamble free and starting to take back control. For once in a very long time my life seems to have levelled with no more roller coaster of emotions that gambling brings. My last 1-1 counselling session is tomorrow and I do feel a sense of wanting to stay connected to the GMA programme. But one thing I’ve leant from the last 17 weeks is the strength and confidence in my self which has always been there but was clouded by the tangles of gambling. I feel so much stronger now but not naive enough to get complacent. I take each day by day and remember that every new day away from gambling is a good day.

Lloydy86
      Participant

I haven’t been on for a whole so I thought I’d give a an update of my situation. I am proud to say I’m now 39 weeks gamble free and my life is is much more positive now. I have a new job, my finances are back to manageable levels but more importantly Lloyd is coming back. For the last 17 years I never knew who I was, what i wanted which was mainly clouded by a gambling haze. And for the last 39 weeks I’ve been rediscovering myself and seeing a different world without gambling and what a joy it is. I never thought life would be possible without gambling in it and the key component is to take day by day. I am now proud to be in recovery and continue to get stronger every day.

dunc
      Participant

Hi  Lloydy

Im not going to waffle on… I simply want to say this post has just made my weekend. 

Keep moving forward. Your a credit to your own commitment and the work GMA do

Take Care

Lloydy86
      Participant

Thanks Dunc I can honestly say the programme has completely changed my life for the better.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.