Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      bettie
      Participant

Is there any way to set up an active link from the Forum to alert readers and posters that someone is available on the live open chat? On the “old” forum the “chat” was open as a side box and chimed when someone was on. This type of chat was user friendly and was quite active. That support was so helpful to me and something I could really use right now.
      Thank you,
      bettie

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Bettie

The site has changed, but you can still do what you would like to do by using your browser tabs. Ive created a tiny video.

It’s great to have you back, stay close you can get back to where you where

Take care

Harry

bettie
      Participant

Well I looked at the video over and over-I must be more pc illiterate than I thought. The link you emailed doesn’t let me connect either. You tried-I guess I just don’t get it.

Dunc
      Keymaster

Bettie its simply a matter of having another browser tab open, What browser are you using

H

bettie
      Participant

I’m on AOL-but I don’t understand whats happening in the Video.

charles

Hi Bettie.

I think what you can do is open two browser windows. Connect to the GT site in both of them. In one of those windows enter the group and put your sound on. You can then switch back to the other window to browse the forum or indeed visit other sites. When anyone enters the group the bell will alert you and you can switch back to that window. Hope this helps.

Of course all the groups other than the Open Groups do have a moderator so if you can ever make one of those there will always be someone there for you to talk to.

bettie
      Participant

I think I figured it out. The only problem is I’m sure few if any know that they can do this.
      Thanks for the Assist.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.