Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jenny46
    Participant

Dear Twilight

On your special day !!

I couldn’t find your last thread, so here’s a new one for you.

You taught me so much ….. I particularly enjoyed our many disagreements, they made me both cry and laugh !!

I wish nothing but the best for you, you’ve found your recovery but at the same time, you managed in the most difficult of situations to make sure that your dad is also well taken care of, not many people will have the knowledge, desire or sheer determination to do that. I for one absolutely take my hat off too you !!!!

You are sharp, you are abrasive but you are honest ( I’m sure you will reply!!)

You deserve today, it is your birthday but it is also another well deserved day in your life of recovery.

Enjoy it !!

Jenny xx

velvet

Hi T
    Thank goodness for Jenny, I would never have known it was your birthday otherwise.
    You certainly deserve all the happy thoughts from the community and I am so pleased I haven’t missed your day by much.
    You deserve so much joy for all the support you have given and also for the way you stood up to your father’s addiction.
    You are amazing and I am so pleased to wish you a belated but heartfelt happy Birthday.
    As ever
    V

monique
    Participant

Hello Twilight
    I hope you had a lovely birthday. You certainly deserve it. I wish you peace and contentment now and always.

Monique

vera
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWILIGHT!

twilight16
    Participant

Hi Jenny, Velvet, Monique and Vera,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, they brought smiles and memories of our time here, supporting and respecting, and the sometime moments of getting on each other’s nerves, as we struggled with this addiction. I agree Jenny. I learned the most from our disagreements, which had me burning at times as I thought of what you wrote, reflecting on a different angle. Thank you for speaking your mind; it helped my recovery.
    When I first started my journey here, I was a wreck, on the verge of a breakdown, fearing my father and his addiction. Just hearing the phone ring, gave me anxiety, wondering who was looking for my father and or was it him calling looking for a bail out. His addiction had such a hold on me, never thinking things would ever change, but it did through GT. Now the addiction is out of my life and I couldn’t be happier.
    I may come across as abrasive at times as Jenny wrote 🙂 but for a reason. If my words are uncomfortable, then I feel they have done their job, as I have seen the addiction at its worst, hoping to reach someone to really think about their situation.
    Thank you for the well wishes, I had a fun evening with my husband and girls.
    XX Twilight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.