Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dunc
      Keymaster

We’re sorry you have the need to access a support site like ours but we’re glad you found us.  Now that you’re here you have access to support from the dedicated Gambling Therapy Team as well as warmth and acceptance from your peers.  We’re easy going, all we ask of you is that you participate, use the service responsibly and share what you’ve learnt with others here. 

As the friend or family member of a problem gambler you have access to a dedicated forum, a friends and family online support group and of course e-mail and one to one helpline support if you want to talk directly to a member of our team. 

We understand that supporting someone you love with a gambling problem is an immense task; maybe it feels overwhelming at times?  But you don’t have to go through this alone; we’re all here with you every step of the way!  So take some time to familiarize yourself with the site, read a few forum posts made by others in similar situations to you and then, if you feel able, dive in and make a post of your own telling us your story. 

One last thing, this is a FREE service but we are a charity and we rely on donations.  So if you are able, please donate whatever you can afford by clicking on “support us” on the site 

Welcome to Gambling Therapy, we’re looking forward to getting to know you 🙂  

Take care 

The Gambling Therapy Team  

PS:  Please take a look at the following pages for general information on the site and how to use it. 

Privacy policy 

Terms and conditions 

cliffharmer
      Participant

I got involved in this site about a year ago, I think (time is so hard to recall with so many events in the last 10 years).
      Well after 8 months living rough and now another 7 months or so being housed by a homeless charity and supported by them, my Son is due to start at Beckenham in about 10 days time. I remember when I thought he would never apply or even having done so, accept a place. Mind you he still has to go and stay and commit to the therapy! I now need to find out about offering support whilst he is there.
      So when I remember back to the dark days I hope that the light I am seeing gets brighter and brighter.
      It’s one day at a time and I cannot change what has happened but I hope I can help him change for the future.

velvet

Hi Cliff
      I remember you well and I cannot tell you how pleased I am to hear that your son is going to go into GMA.
      The support for you is here, either on our Helpline or in the F&F group, that you used before, or in this forum.
      If you decide to use the forum please start your own thread by clicking on ‘New Topic’ at the bottom of Friends and Family forum page, write your message, scroll down and click on ‘save’ and the support will be there for you.
      There is an F&F group tonight between 8 and 9pm and it would be great to talk to you again – I can see that life has not been easy since we last ‘talked’.
      It is an important time for all of you but I fully understand all the concern that goes with this new move and hope. There is a lot of experience and knowledge available for you here – so please keep posting and hopefully join the groups.
      Velvet

Nb this link will take you to the new post page https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en/node/add/forum/871

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.