Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      little blue
      Participant

Well here I am – again, just where I hoped and prayed I wouldn’t be. The first time (last time) I swore I would walk away (have him walk away) if the lies and deceit and gambling continued – I foolishly/naively believed him when he said he’d stopped for good but…. I guess thats what you get with a CG in your life – lies and uncertainty. So my background is that I am married to a CG (although I didn’t know he was a CG when we  met and later married) – he came clean to me a couple of years ago after wiping out our savings and most of our business and got help with GA etc for a while and all was good. So the last 2 years of being gamble free have been a lie really (well all but the first short while) and after getting in a mess again I have found out the full extent of it and we are back to the beginning. So where do we go from here – I am sticking around (for now at least) as I am not a quitter and I can’t look back on life with regrets at not trying but… I won’t be made a fool of and I won’t let him destroy my childrens lives – if he can’t/won’t put them and their needs first then we will be gone as I know I can/will/do put their needs first. I’d rather be a single mum and times be tough than have them live with the poison of gambling in their lives.
      So thats my angry bit over (lol) – despite all that I know that the person I married is not deliberately doing this to hurt us and it is the evil power of gambling that takes over – he is ill really. I will do all in my power to help and support him but know he has to do this himself for himself as well as for us. Already we have a plan of attack and have started to access the support/help out there but will it be enough – only time will tell.
      So here we are back here again – I pray it will be different this time, I pray we have a chance as a family, I pray the CG in my life can stay strong and not get complacent this time, I pray it will all be OK and I pray I can learn to trust and fully love him again.
      But I am different this time too, I am stronger, I am more determined and me and my children will be OK whatever road my CG goes down – I will not let them down, they deserve at least one parent who is strong (and maybe just maybe they will get to have that from both).

littleblue
      Participant

Gosh it’s been such a while since I posted here – I have missed my diary and missed group even more. I took a little while away from GT (although I still read your posts and thought of you often) mainly because of the issues that ***** in the Autumn with us UK based people being told we needed to find alternative support to GT. That really shook me and I guess I took the route of self preservation – why continue to get close to people here if I was about to ‘lose’ them. Well I guess I have realised I still need you all…
      So before I post a whole lot more I would like to check if I am ‘allowed’ to continue to post here?
      Much love to you all
      LB

looby loo
      Participant

Hi LB
      Good to see you here xx I hope you can still access the support, and I suppose the powers that be will be able to tell you if you can/can’t.  But just wanted you to know that I hear you and I am still around too.xx  Hope to be able to read your update soon xEveryone has a destiny, it's up to us whether we choose to follow it though !Looby Loo

littleblue
      Participant

Well I haven’t heard either way as to whether I am still allowed on here – I’ve emailed the powers that be again to ask but sadly I suspect the answer will be no so this may be the end of my thread on here. I would just like to say a huge thank you to you all for the support and compassion you have all shown me over the years (F&F and CGs alike). A special thank you to darling Velvet – you have helped me more than you can possibly know. I will think of you all often and wish you all well for your journeys.
      Much love as always
      LB

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.