Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      adele
      Participant

I haven’t found an easy way to navigate between the forums once I’m in there. There are no links to F&F or My Journey or any of the other forums from within the threads. I have to scroll (and scroll and scroll and scroll .. lol ..) back to the top and click on Forums to go somewhere different.

And to get to the next page on a thread, I have scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll to the bottom to advance. Is this going to change? It’s not fun, but it’s not so bad on my desktop … however on my iPad and my cell phone it is prohibitive!

I’ve tried the Alt keys (0,1,2,3) but those don’t make sense yet.

Do we just have to start over each time by going back to Forums?

adele
      Participant

I was just wondering (since I haven’t seen a response to this), can the navigation be improved?
      For instance:
      1) It would be nice to have the page advance buttons (previous 1 2 3 next last) at the TOP of the thread in addition to being at the bottom.
      2) And it would be nice if there was an additional button in that group of buttons at the bottom (and top hopefully) that said “Back to My Journal” or whatever forum we’re reading threads in. Right now we have to click our browser’s back arrow, or scroll up to the top and click on Forums again.
      Thanks,
      Adele

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Adele, All points noted, were see what we can do to improve the functions of the forums

Regards

Harry

charles

Hi Adele and others,

i am sure harry and the techies are working hard on things right now but in the meantime this might help.

In any forum it shows the title of each thread. To the right of that it says how many replies it has had and also how many new replies there have been since you last looked. Click on “New” and it’ll take you to the latest posts that have been made on that thread so you don’t have to do quite so much of that scrolling 🙂

Hope that helps.

adele
      Participant

How many other useful things like this are available that we haven’t been told about yet? We really need practical User Guides that explain things rather than the You Tube videos that barely show the mechanics. I guess until then I’ll just keep asking questions.

adele
      Participant

I’m not complaining (much) and I don’t mean to push, but is there some way to let us know what issues with the site are being addressed, and what issues will be addressed in the future?

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Adele

As you know over the last 4 months we’ve spent considerable time and money on designing & building a new site that will provide our members with the best support possible, and I think we’ve done a fabulous job to date. However, the new site is still work in progress, everyday something changes due to new ideas or a problem being fixed and all of these changes require time and/or money to implement.

Over the next month or so the site will continue to evolve as we see yet more functional & technical changes that would mean a user guide produced now would be out of date by tomorrow. As we do not have the resources to duplicate effort it made sense to wait until we have the “finished product” before rolling out a user guide. When the site is complete a user guide will be produced in a pdf format for download or to be read on screen.

The videos are an interim measure to cover the basics and they are by no means the final user guide but will remain on the site in addition to a pdf guide. We have received a great deal of positive feedback concerning the videos so far but I appreciate people respond differently to different types of media.

Unfortunately we are a very small charity, we have limited resources in terms of finances and staff. We are doing our best and I believe that this is shown in what we have a produced to date.. a free global support site that is here to help you and anyone else who needs our help. We are governed by physical and financial limitations in the development and maintenance of this service so please bear this in mind and remain patient because I’m sure you will feel the end result was worth the wait when we get there. 

Take Care

Harry

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.