Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      starlet
      Participant

My husband is or was a gambler and he has spent all our money and racked up bills at various times since we’ve been together for 15 years.  I’ve controlled all the money for a long time but I still suspect he gambles at times.  I have so many feelings about it al I can’t put them down here but |I am sick and worried all the time.  It’s always been me who’s put things right and taken control and responsibility and I don’t want it like this any more.  I am thinking I will give him control of some of our money (what little there is) so he can handle ths household expenses and things for the children and see how it goes, I think it will become clear quite quickly if he is handling it or if he can’t.  I just need things to change and I think it’s very destructive at the moment.  I wondered if someone has some experience of this and of what I should do and if I should protect myself first, should I get the house transferred into my name only?  It’s been a long time since he’s spent any significant money but I need to know that the children and I are protected and I don’t know how to go about it.
      I was so pleased to see this website yesterday.  I hope someone will have some ideas about this.  Thank you.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.