Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dannyboy09
      Participant

My name is Dan and I have been gambling for some time now. I feel like it is taking over my life. Every day I seem to want to play on online slots and I don’t know why. I have won money in the past but it never seems to be enough. Now o fond myself in the position that i have lost alot of money and deep down i know it’s silly and i wamt to stop but i still end up depositing daily to try my luck. I feel that it will break my family apart if I speak to them about it. I wish I never started, because I don’t like the person I am today. I can’t continue like this, I hate the person I have become, I just want to get over the hurdle and get my life by on track.

Dannyboy09
      Participant

Sunnyday
      Participant

I completely understand how you feel Dan as I’m feeling pretty much the same. I gambled today basically every penny in my bank account on online slots & now I have that same feeling of, hopelessness, loneliness, guilt, shame and sadness at what gambling is doing to me as a person & to my life.
      I am fortunate to have a place at the GM residential in September I feel this is my only hope of recovery but tomorrow is a new day.

charles

Hi Dannyboy and Sunnyday. Your posts seem to have been missed down here.

I would recommend you both start your own threads in the My Journal Forum. It’s a busier forum and you will read a lot of stories similar to your own there, You will get more response and support there as we.

You can stop gambling I promise you.

Grannie.1962
      Participant

Can someone please tell me how to start my own thread?

charles

Hi Grannie. Well done on looking for help.

To start your own thread first go to the My Journal Forum, if you are a gambler, or the Friends and Family Forum if you are effected by someone elses gambling.

Then just scroll down to the bottom of the forum and click on “New topic”

Again, well done on looking for help and I look forward to reading your story.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.