Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      charlieboy
      Participant

Right, well here I am. Five years of playing roulette in the bookies. I have it pretty bad. I am as of today around £20,000 pounds in debt as well of spending all my hard earned money over the last five years. It’s absolutley crazy, two weeks ago I had six grand in cash from a very lucky week, today I just put my last hundred pounds in the machine. Unbelievable! Its the most I had won in such a short space of time and it could of been put to some really good use but like all gambling wins it wanted to go home and it did. Absolutly sick to my stomach. It’s not the first time I have done this. This is what makes me so mad, even when I get what I want and more it’s not enough. I think you could give me £20,000 and I would do the same. I just can’t help myself, it’s very baffling as its a mix between wanting more money but I feel subconsciously maybe I want rid of it because when I have alot of money I will just keep going back again and again which is obviously very stressful, up and down, loose, win, loose, win all day then finally loose and go home gutted. I really want rid of this from my life as it is just destroying it. I could of easily had a deposit or two for a flat over this time, had savings and been in a good position. Work has suffered, my relationship has suffered, friends ignored, no holiday for ages and my personal development has completely stagnated. I have recently moved back in with my mum, that money was six months in my own place, now I have just had to borrow money from my dear mum again to cover me for next week. I am very good at covering my gambling and she has no idea, she knows I have had problems in the past but thinks I have stopped as I did for eighteen months. I don’t think she has to know as I can sort this out by stopping now! I also have other issues which I have to deal with which have contributed to the gambling, I have anxiety and have bouts of depression I am also a total sugar addict. I know the gambling has to stop first as it is the really dangerous one.
      Seriously if anyone is thinking of trying one of these machines or online forget it, you may win short term but long term it’s going to have you by the short and curlys, it will be possibly one of the worst mistakes of your life, trust me. They tell you it’s a 97% payout. ****ing BS!! If that was the case then I would be fine! I can afford to pay 3% of my wages to play my beloved roulette. It’s total trash! Where is my 97% of that six grand? Where is the 97% of my wages over the last five years?! Gone, that’s where. The fact they are saying they only make 3% of those machines is a scandal. I would love to see the true stats. You only have to be around a bookies for a short while to see the facts. Seriously 97% !! That’s actually winding me up now. I have just read that these machines only came in because the government relaxed the law! Thanks a bunch. I am not anti gambling but I am anti these machines. I am also an adult and take full responsibity for my actions and will take it on the chin but I really don’t believe the 97% thing. Time to man up and build a proper life. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous

Hi Charlieboy,
       Thank you for posting on the Gambling Therapy forum.  As you are a GB resident you are entitled to free online support through the Gamcare website at http://www.gamcare.org.uk/

Can I suggest that you now copy and paste your post into one of the Gamcare forums where you will receive responses from others in a similar situation to you from all over the GB.

We wish you well in your recovery.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.