Viewing 4 posts - 166 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    san250
    Participant

wishing you all a wonderful 2016 x

I’m good, in a good place mentally. My physical health has taken a little bump but I’m looking to recover quickly and get on with life. Since forgiving myself I’ve made strides with my relationships with my adult children (notice the word adult! smiles). I’ve backed off big time and the space has allowed them to take responsibility for their own lives and decisions. And it’s allowed me to have quality time and head space with my partner. We are looking to getting a dog and are very excited about welcoming a new life into our home and hearts.

My cg son still asks for financial help, sometimes I help him, sometimes I don’t. He has moved on from some dodgy ‘mates’ and appears much calmer in his skin. We’ve had a couple of heart to hearts and I firmly believe deep down he has a very good handle on his decisions. He always asks how I am now and what I’ve been up to before anything else and tells me he loves me.

Many of the coping strategies I learnt here I still use and remember. The F and F cycle and the fact he will always find somewhere to stay and something to eat and is indeed a survival pro! And when ‘under’ the addiction he will tell any story to get money … ooo we’ve had some really good ones! but I’m now seeing through them more and not responding to immediate requests … give him a ‘No’ and see what happens.

Life is really too short and so spreading the love has become my latest mission :). And on that note, love to you all.

San xx

monique
    Participant

That’s a good update to read, San. I wish you and your partner a Good New Year.
    Monique

velvet

Dear San
    Your latest post was refreshing – you have made great strides and taken decisions and they all seem to be carrying you forward.
    I admired your statement which brooked no argument ‘sometimes I help him, sometimes I don’t’. It is something I would normally jump on (as you know) but I believe that’ ‘you’ know what you are doing and with your health and the health of your partner it is important that you do what is right for you.
    I am sorry that your health had taken a little bump and I hope the bump is now a thing of the past.
    You are very special to this forum San and I await, with you, the day your son decides enough is enough as I am sure he will.
    Did you get a St Bernard for when you go for a walk? A new friend in the home is lovely; the only problem is your heart is lost in the twinkling of an eye. Remember all you have learned on this site when dealing with this little mite – they know all the tricks of how to manipulate a simply human being without even trying.
    Speak soon
    V

velvet

Dear San
    This is a wondering post – a reminder if you are still reading, that you are cared about.
    I suspect we won’t hear because I think you no longer need support, you were flying free last time we heard and doing great.
    I just wanted to say ‘hi’
    V

Viewing 4 posts - 166 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.