Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      cat438
      Participant

We start a brand new month… which is made up of weeks… and days….  We continue to take it one day at a time in our recovery journey!!!  I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!!!One day at a time my sweet lord…

ready2change
      Participant

***** me in unfortunately lost my way in june still licking my wounds

icandothis
      Participant

Licking wounds also, ready2change.  They will heal if we keep them clean.  One day at a time. 

Anonymous

I’m in."I ***** him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” – Aristotle

cat438
      Participant

I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!! One day at a time my sweet lord…

lizbeth4
      Participant

No gambling thoughts for me lately!   Yeah!Seize all the good things in life

Anonymous

Totally back on the wagon and ready to rock this month!!
       "I ***** him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” – Aristotle

kathryn
      Participant

I AM IN!!!!!!

p
      Participant

I am in for July a day at a time.
      (Go away urges, PLEASE)
      P

cat438
      Participant

P you are so funny – although the urges are not funny, I think you are being to nice to them the way you are asking them to go away – even with a PLEASE – I wonder if it would help if you swore at them LOL  
      I did not gamble yesterday and do not plan on gambling today!!! One day at a time my sweet lord…

paul315
      Participant

Originally posted by cat438

We start a brand new month… One day at a time my sweet lord…

JULY 4th
      Good evening Cat and all,
      Today is Independence Day, or The Forth of July, in the States, a good day for be to join in on your July pact in honor of my independence form this gambling addiction.
      Gods speed.LarryThanks to my Higher Power, My 3G's – God, GA, and GT,  "Day Two Is Another Day Behind" and with the help from all I hope to continue to remain gambling free.

p
      Participant

Nice to see you Larry.. just for today on this day i wont be gambling. This day in july is just guaranteed gamble free for me.. Vera would love to see you again, i see you been round in chat, just not posting, so i hope you come back to say hi some day or that i catch you in chat very soon cos i am selfish i miss seeing you round the place..
      P

ready2change
      Participant

i have gambled again yesterday and the day before im on the road to no town. i would throw the towel in only i have to think of my ageing parents God help them if only they knew i was still gambling theyd be devasted. i think im a caring person maybe im not all i know is i wouldnt wish this addiction on anyone its torturing me and im trying hard to keep my sanity atm. hope Vera is ok !!

Anonymous

R2C:  Nice to see you posting.  Sorry that you’re struggling, but you can change that.  God allows U-turns.  That’s a saying someone always posted on here.  So, on that road to No Town, you can make a U-turn.  Start with re-opening your thread and posting daily.  I too had a short lapse last weekend, but I’m back, remember our summer goal.  I can live with making the last 2.5 months of summer gamble-free.  How about you?  Hope to see your thread soon.  RG"I ***** him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” – Aristotle

p
      Participant

Hi R2C we are here with you.. keep going. Don’t give up on giving up. It just matters that you move forward now and continue on the best you can. Have you seen how my recovery has been over the years? I relapsed too many ***** to *****, but i keep hanging on R2C because the alternative is not an option for me. Please don’t give up on yourself, I’m not giving up on you.
      P

Anonymous

July 13 and no gambling to report this month.  My plan is to get through this month the only way I can — one day at a time, with vigilance.  RG"I ***** him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” – Aristotle

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.