Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jamestrfc
      Participant

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is well on here? It’s been along time since I posted but I still lurk from time to time, apart from the odd bet here and there I haven’t done much in the last few years.

For those of you who are struggling day in day out, there is light at the end of the tunnel, seek help and advice, do not feel you’re alone. I used to blow all my money in a night but after seeking help and confiding in people I broke that cycle and changed my life.

As many of you will remember I was planning to get engaged when I first posted on here and I was hoping that would be the start of a new life, well tomorrow is the big day and all that money I’ve saved not gambling has paid for it. If I can do it then so can you!

Take care and speak up, it will help.

James

Gbabyh
      Participant

Good to hear from a lad that’s managing a gambling free life, and congratulations on getting married! I’m sure you will remain happy through life if you keep having a vigilant watch and awareness of compulsive gambling 🙂

I did seek help and advice, and for the first time I have confided in my friends so maybe I’m headed in the same direction as you – one can hope!

– Chris

Jamestrfc
      Participant

Thank you very much Chris, appreciate your kind words. There is nothing better than speaking up and talking to somebody, it doesn’t make you any less of a person, if anything it shows a lot more courage. Nobody chooses to feel the way a compulsive gambler does and people who haven’t been there do not understand that. Do not let people tell you otherwise.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.