Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maverick.
    Participant

My name is Maverick and I am a compulsive gambler who is in recovery, just wanted to wish each and everyone of you all the very best in your recovery journey and life, I know how very hard this addiction is and how it effects each and everyone of our lives and also the people who we have around us who love and care about us, just for today I wanted to say stay strong and keep working hard at what you do, hard work is never in vain (although it may seem like it at times) there is always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how small that light may be, so remember if there is light there is always hope. Take care all and hope to share with you very soon, wishing you well love Maverick.

maverick.
    Participant

Well I have decided to post on my journal……………I am still gamble free and with that I am very happy but as always it is only ever one day at a time……..but having said that just for today I won’t gamble. I am many things in life and I am afraid to say I have caused a lot of pain to a lot of people, but…………..like all of us I cannot change what is in the past…..all I can do is work on being the best I can just for today and within doing that the present and the future will become a better place. The only thing I want to say and I am sure every compulsive gambler knows and feels is “when I did what I did meaning gambling I never meant to cause people any pain I really am a kind person I promise you that but when I gambled I know I never took other people feelings into consideration” to look back on what I just said has made me sad but I really mean this from the bottom of my heart when a compulsive gambler is in action they dont think of any of the consequences or any of the people they are going to hurt, they dont mean it I promise you it is just the way they feel and the addiction takes over and they just carry on gambling regardless. I make this statement and I swear on my life it is true, “I really truly love my wife and kids with all my heart and work so very hard for them (more than anyone could ever know) but even with all that the love for them alone wasn’t enough to make me stop gambling” I dont know how this comes across but I share it with all of you because it is the truth. Anyway I have said enough for tonight and like I say I am grateful to say I am still gamble free and just for today I will not gamble, thank you for listening and love to all, just for today my name is Maverick and I am a compulsive gambler who is very happy to be in recovery, take care all and wish you well.

neva
    Participant

Glad you’re in a good place in your life.  Maybe all the pain gambling has caused will make us appreciate our future and always be thankful for our family.  Thanks for sharing. Sherry

p
    Participant

Hi Maverick
    Your post was really heartfelt and of course you love your wife and kids. This addiction doesnt care about families or loved ones or anything. It is an addiction and addiction takes over our lives and has us in situations that are simply unimagineable to us. I dont think anyone deliberately goes out to get hooked but thats what happened. The strength in you is you are fighting to stop it and have a better life. Its easy to beat ourselves up, i do it all the time but am trying to stop it as it is one of the things that can send you back into addiction. We are human, we make mistakes, we got addicted and now we are trying to fix it. You are a kind person Mav i can tell in your posts. I am glad you decided to post. One day at a time. Is all we can do.
    P

maverick.
    Participant

Cat, Icandothis and all, thank you for your support it is always most appreciated, I will always wish you all the very best in recovery and life.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.