Get practical support with your gambling problem Forum Feedback and Suggestions More Input from GT Advisors on My Journal Forum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adele
    Participant

More Input from GT Advisors on My Journal Forum
    Perhaps there is a good reason for the very limited responses from the GT advisors on individual CG’s threads that I, as a non-CG, do not understand… ?   It seems to me this is a “missing piece” to an otherwise extraordinary site.   
    I realize that Velvet is just “one piece” of the whole F&F (and CG) support system here;   and I am not taking anything away from the invaluable support of other members and the groups;  and I’m sorry to put this pressure on her – but I would not have made it through the last 4 months intact without her!
    So I was just wondering …
    Adele

janey
    Participant

Hi Adele
    Gambling Therapy is a small charity with very limited funding therefore we simply do not have the staff available to deliver the kind of support you are referring to.  In addition to this, the forums are predominantly peer led, they are a place for our online therapeutic community to support each other with minimal intervention from us as that is what our groups and helpline are for.
    When Velvet chooses to support people in the F&F forum she does so in her own time and has often expressed a wish for the people using that forum to be more proactive in their support of each other which would allow her to take a step back.
    The forums are YOUR space to share and support each other and you are free to engage in them as much or as little as you like, they will be what you make of them.
    Kind Regards
    Janey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.