Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      framesandy88
      Participant

I’m 24 and my 25th birthday is tommorrow , this is the day I quiet playing slot machines,
      I make good money and I work big hours to get that money, I wanna be someone in life I don’t wanna end up on the street, I gamble when I’m bored because I’m use to being so busy, iv never had an addiction before, I don’t drink much I don’t smoke I don’t do drugs, I never thought an addiction would be so hard to quiet, iv hit rock bottom, I have a beautiful girlfriend of 3 yrs now and I don’t want to lose her. I think it has come to the point were I need her to take my keycards and credit cards off me, I know in the future if I don’t do this I will have nothing, I am prepared to give it my all this time, please if u read this post your story on here I would like to know I’m not alone and don’t wanna do this on my own.. Thanks for reading
      LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES

Anonymous

Hi Andy, just do whatever it takes!! You are still so young and can have such a great life, especially with a good job. Just read the stories here.. Or direct debit a huge part of your wages into a savings where you can’t get at it!! You can do it! You are someone in life right now. Please focus all your efforts into stopping now!!Life is too short to be anything but happy!!

framesandy88
      Participant

Thank you for the support, that’s right i am young and I wanna stop before its too late.

***** there

Be strong and always focus one day at a time

Everything will be ok just submit yourself to change and you will recover slowly slowly

God bless keep up the good work your doing

framesandy88
      Participant

Thank you for the support , I I’m willing to give it a 100 % . I have hit rock bottom and can only go up from here.

janey
      Participant

Hi Framesandy88, A Warm Welcome to Gambling Therapy
      Having found us you have also found a diverse community who can help and support you on your recovery journey.
      Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment and by reading others stories am sure you will see that you are very much not alone in this addiction
      Please click here to see our services page, feel free to use all that this site can offer…
      To chat with others in real time you may wish to make use of the support groups, the ***** of these groups are advertised under "What’s on and When" or click here to see the weekly group schedule.
      For one to one chat you may want to try the live advice helpline. Click "connect" when these options become available.
      Also to say when you registered we would have sent you an email with an attachment, this attachment will help you navigate the site and find the support you so rightly deserve, alternatively this guide can be downloaded by clicking here.  
      Take Care
      The Gambling Therapy Team

framesandy88
      Participant

Hey guys didn’t play pokies for 5 days. Went to an engagement party, no excuse I allowed my self $50 , we won $300 . Then I was strong pulled out the money. Had a few more beers then went back in . Lost all my money that I had won then put an extra $150 in , not happy at all, very disappointed , I’m getting a tatoo on my wrist this week saying learn for your mistakes around my wrist, so I can see when I’m tempted to put money in the pokies I don’t. Thanks for reading.

paul315
      Participant

Originally posted by framesandy88…  LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES
      Good morning Andy, a belated welcome to GT. I read your first post and have no reason for not responding then, but would still like you to know that you are not alone; we have all experienced your problem and struggles. Also a belated Happy Birthday (your belly-button birthday), you have your whole life before you and can make it more normal and fruitful by also celebrating yearly recovery "birthdays" of living and accumulating gambling free time One Day At A Time. 
      My name is Larry and I am a compulsive gambler, my last bet was October 17, 2009, a bet made when I found myself unguarded and in the right set of circumstances after over three years of being gambling free — allowing myself to be influenced by the wrong circumstances the same as you a few days ago, we are all one bet away from repeating our past mistakes. 
      The motto that you are choosing for your recovery is a positive one, but it is also one that our addiction has the power to suppress; we look back at our mistakes and read about the mistakes of others yet when the addiction takes over we care little about the consequences — it is a characteristic of compulsive gamblers.  In recovery the best way to learn form our mistakes is to change what caused us to make them, in recovery "without change, there will be no change" we will still make the same mistakes over and over if we hold onto character faults and negative attitudes against doing what is right when it does not agree with an established thought process.
      Another thing that might be looked at in keeping yourself guarded is the circumstance that you describe as " Had a few more beers then … …", when we let our rational thinking be influenced by any outside force be it alcohol, medical, or emotional issues, we are giving our addiction the opening to reenter our lives. Working on a positive program of recovery not only changes our lives in regard to gambling, it will also allow us to think and act in more rational ways is all aspects of our lives; when we become stronger in combating the addiction, we also become stronger in recognizing and dealing with the things that the addiction feeds on.  
      Keep coming back here and reading the stories of others, they may not be repeated in the replies to your post and request, but they are here in the different topics of each member; you have to do after recovery, it does not come to you".  Look for a live support group in your area such as Gamblers Anonymous, reach out to your family and friends for support, do all you can to combat this addiction and return to being the person that you are meant to be.
      God’s speed, use your Higher Power to guide and strengthen you.LarryThanks to my Higher Power, My 3G's – God, GA, and GT,  "Day Two Is Another Day Behind" and with the help from all I hope to continue to remain gambling free.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.