Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ihateit
      Participant

Hi, I am new to this and I am really struggling to cope with my husbands gambling, we have been together for 14 years, married for 8 and this only began 3 years ago, around the time I get a really good job and became the main breadwinner.
      I think he is addicted to online poker, he obviously denies it but looking at the signs they are evident. playing online for hours (sometimes not even going to bed), mood swings, denial, lying to cover up that he is playing, every month going overdrawn in his personal account (spening about £150 – £300 per month) and I have to transfer money in from our joint account to stop getting bank charges.
      For example he has spent £200 already and it is only the 5th of the month, he will now say he hasnt got a problem as he wont gamble until he gets paid at the end of the month.
      He went to GA once to shut me up I think and now wont go back as he says he doesnt have a problem, he admits that he is upsetting me but says that he will keep playing poker because he wants to.
      He wont discuss it with me and gets really angry when I push him to talk, telling me that I cant speak to him like a child.
      Please help me understand what to do, ias I am lost, I am at the point of kicking him out but we have a 5 year old and I dont want him to grow up without his dad.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.