Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      azeus
      Participant

Its great to see so many people on here at the same time i thought there are still so many who need help. I just finished my therapy at gordon moody but still finding it hard to be motivated and move on although gambling is the last thing i would do. When does it get easier? I was reading alot of peoples post toady and its very uplifting to see so many doing well also very happy for them even though i dont know them.

p
      Participant

HI there and welcome
      Well done on your progress with gordon moody… thats great. you are here trying to better your way of living which is great.
      You will get feedback here just keep posting, we are all at different times of the day and night and all over the globe but we are all here for the same reason. To have a life without gambling. Keep reading and posting, maybe try the chat lines and the advisors.. just for today dont gamble.. dont worry about yesterday or tomorrow, just get through one day at a time

P

Dunc
      Keymaster

<

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our
      privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

p
      Participant

How are you going today Azeus?

P

mikeb
      Participant

Hi Azeus, I assume you just finished ur therapy in Dudley. I finished at Beckenham on the 5th Sept. Well done for getting on here so soon. Feels strange being out eh? I had a great therapy process at Beckenham and felt super positive when I got out. Reality hits hard though and I’ve been brought back down to earth. Only a couple of urges my first week out on the back of very few in my three months of therapy. It’s great to stay away from the gambling now that you are out but be wary of other bad influences, ie alcohol, dangerous friends. I thought I was invincible coming out of therapy but have been reminded just how fragile my recovery is and nearly slipped. The therapy continues though use this forum and stay in contact with the positive people u met during your recovery if you can. I post every week just a kind of diary to keep myself focused on my recovery. Take it easy friend and be careful, early days and all that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.