Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      alwaysthefish
      Participant

Hello everyone, here’s my (ongoing) story.
      I remember being fascinated by gambling since I was a little kid. As early as 8-9 years old. It always attracted me and I always enjoyed gambling. The action itself, but also the atmosphere, the environment, the people. I always loved being surrounded by gamblers and felt very comfortable around them. Gamblers are the nicest crowd (for me they are). Gamblers know no prejudice, they are not opinionated, they are not arrogant, judgmental – they are generally fun to be around.
      Almost all gamblers I know are poker players. Some of them are successful, most are not.
      I’ve been, like all of you here, fighting my gambling addiction for decades. Sometimes successfully, at other times not so much.
      My life is full of gambling stories. Some are funny, some are sad, some other almost tragic. I enjoyed and was fascinated by many of your stories here and decided to share some of mine in a series of short stories. First one to follow soon. If you dine with the devil, bring a long spoon

bettie
      Participant

Hi Fish,
      CG means compulsive gambler.
      Not only are we addicts we are lazy typers-lol!
      bettie

alwaysthefish
      Participant

Thanks bettie   :)If you dine with the devil, bring a long spoon

janey
      Participant

Hi Fish, A Warm Welcome to Gambling Therapy
      Having found us you have also found a diverse community who can help and support you on your recovery journey.
      Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment and by reading others stories am sure you will see that you are very much not alone in this addiction
      Please click here to see our services page, feel free to use all that this site can offer…
      To chat with others in real time you may wish to make use of the support groups, the ***** of these groups are advertised under "What’s on and When" or click here to see the weekly group schedule.
      For one to one chat you may want to try the live advice helpline. Click "connect" when these options become available.
      Also to say when you registered we would have sent you an email with an attachment, this attachment will help you navigate the site and find the support you so rightly deserve, alternatively this guide can be downloaded by clicking here.  
      Take Care
      The Gambling Therapy Team

Anonymous

Hi ATF:  Sorry to hear that you’ve had a slip.  This is a very frustrating process.  We don’t have any power over gambling, but we do have power in our recovery.  You have made very important steps to stopping your gambling.  It’s hard when there are so many avenues to cover (expensive too).  However, it’s a small price to pay for peace of mind.  That being said, I read a post last year from a user who used an app from the Apple Store to block the IPad.  I think it was called Mobicip.  There is also something called Safe Eyes, I believe.  Anyway, I wish you the best in arresting this awful affliction. RG

alwaysthefish
      Participant

Thanks RG. Will check the software first thing tomorrow. Going to bed now. Survived this afternoon and this evening, watched some shows and played some games with my boy.
      If you dine with the devil, bring a long spoon– 6/9/2013 7:42:13 AM: post edited by AlwaysTheFish.

alwaysthefish
      Participant

OK, Mobichip and Safe eyes don’t really do the job for me as they’re easily circumvented. Thanks anyway.
      Maybe I’ll just hammer the **** thing or boil it, like those kids do in the video 
       If you dine with the devil, bring a long spoon

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.