Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZManTransAm
    Participant

I’m 35 years old and I have a gambling problem and it scares me to talk face to face with anyone about it. I got into it after going through a breakup with an ex-girlfriend who mooched off of me and a job loss. My bank account is down to just about nothing and my credit card is almost maxed out. I want to stop gambling but every time I try, I get hit with some kind of unexpected expense or I lose hours at work, not to mention I live with family members who don’t accept me for who I am which often leaves me feeling depressed. I just don’t know what to do now. Please help me.

janey1
    Participant

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

Spidy
    Participant

Hi ZmanTranAM, How are you feeling today? I know how you feel. When I get depressed I also want to just escape and play blackjack or other table games. The excitement and the friendliness of the staff makes you feel appreciated and welcome. It gives me that sense of belonging.

But it is all a lie. Its their job to make you feel welcome. Please don’t max out your credit cards and please don’t drain your bank account. If you can stay away for a while you will start to see change. Take it one day at a time.

Take care.

Cheyetch
    Participant

Go for any gambling addiction counseling. I can help you. All the best for your speedy recovery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.