Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Exhausted12
      Participant

Hi everyone, 

This is my first time using a platform like this. I have never told anyone what I’m about to type on here…I have been “managing” an addiction to sports betting for about 20 years. 

I have never got to the point where I lost my place or couldn’t pay the bills. I now have about 1000 dollars left on my line of credit and thankfully a small limit credit card to hopefully tide me over until 

I get my shit together. I made an attempt to hang myself a couple weeks ago, but was able to get out of it with minor bruising of my throat. I am halfway through school and not working full 

time which has been hard on its own. I honestly don’t know if I can continue schooling as I now may have to work full time to get myself out of this mess. I’ve suffered through depression 

my entire young adult life. I have suicidal thoughts pretty much daily. I can’t believe I’ve let it come to this…I’m absolutely exhausted from the constant stress this behavior causes.

This disease has got me pinned in a corner and I don’t know what to do…

Berta24449787
      Participant

The very fact that you have tried to hang yourself and then gotten out if it means that you want to live and that there is still some fight left in you. I too have a problem, although not 20 years in the making, and am struggling to find some sort of normal. Have you tried to exclude? I broke my computer on purpose so that I could not play online. You have to get help because your addiction is literally killing you and no life is worth losing to slots or sports. I hope you are well and will find some strength in a community of good people who are all hurting like you and struggling to find strength in each other.

Berta24449787
      Participant

The very fact that you have tried to hang yourself and then gotten out if it means that you want to live and that there is still some fight left in you. I too have a problem, although not 20 years in the making, and am struggling to find some sort of normal. Have you tried to exclude? I broke my computer on purpose so that I could not play online. You have to get help because your addiction is literally killing you and no life is worth losing to slots or sports. I hope you are well and will find some strength in a community of goid people who are all hurting like you and struggling to find strength in each other.

WMarchant92
      Participant

Thank you for your story

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.