Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ccmessina18
      Participant

Today, I decided that my losses made me super sad and I could not take my usual “I have to gain it back” routine. I decide to use that money instead to buy me a Gamban and blocked computer and phone.

I feel relieved and with the hope I’m going to move forward in life; Gambling has been a big distraction from my life, I have been super stressed at work in the past, went through a break up and had a lot of responsibility money related. However by gambling my problem increased, even at the point I am, I have not hit the bottom low (for once).

My gambling situation has been a struggle for 12 years (ON and OFF); but I never realized before how much damage I did to myself and to my dreams. I felt each time like I could win and continue winning. However luck comes on and off, and control is not sustainable for a compulsive gambler. The only way out this time was to be extreme and move to another direction, without shame or fear.

I have studied all ways to make this life a better ride; I have had nights where I was dreaming the better, nights where I could see myself free from myself; times where only me and myself could conversate about everything and nothing; and believe that happiness is a goal. How bad I was. Happiness is everywhere, every time. The only way is to look the other way.

Happy day 1. January 18 2021

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums
      Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!
      Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.
      As well as the forums New Members are invited to join Charles in the New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK)
      And on that note….
      I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂
      Take care
      The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

G Rec
      Participant

Hi ccmessina1

Welcome to the and well done on taking a positive step, I look forward to hearing updates on how things are going.

As Dunc mentioned there are New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK). If you haven’t done so already, I would recommend giving these a try, I found them very useful 6 months ago when I first joined, and still do so attending them from time to time.

ccmessina18
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you I really appreciate G Rec. I’m determined to move forward with my life. It is now 🙂

Cheers,

Carmelo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.