Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Amme91
      Participant

My hubby has found out that I’ve been gambling! Hands up to him, but he doesn’t quite understand and I don’t know where to start on my road to recovery.

my nearest GA is 30-40 mins away, and with kids and jobs I can’t always get to the one that is on. 

im a online gambler, so as long as I have cash I’m okay, what’s the best steps to take into stopping! I don’t want jt controlling my life anymore 

thanks for reading

x

IRockVX
      Participant

Thanks for stopping by. I’m new here too. I highly recommend the My Journals forum as well as checking out the live chat groups — i’ve only been around a few days but feel huge weight coming off my shoulders and positive emotions i haven’t felt in a very long time after using those.

Plan your time, identify your triggers, write it out and get it out. Lots to flesh out.

Much love

dunc
      Participant

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

As well as the forums New Members are invited to join Charles in the New Members Practical Advice Group On Mondays at 21:00 (UK) and Thursday at 19:00(UK)

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

dunc
      Participant

Hi Amme91

We done for starting a tread. It would help to know your country. different countries have different barrier options

Kind Regards
      Dunc

Steev
      Participant

Hi Amme. I’m guessing you’re in the UK with a “hubby.” Use an online blocker for internet gambling, Gamstop, Gamblock and Netnanny are the ones I’ve heard of. Others on here will know more.

Try and get to at least one GA meeting and see if you can get a buddy or sponsor to support you by phone.

Keep busy – it is time as well as money that leads to gambling. Post something in the journal section of the forum and try to join a group. They aren’t working too well atm – so if it goes quiet, log out and back in again.

Above all get support. This isn’t something that can be tackled alone. I wish you well.

Mikebass01456
      Participant

Hi amme have you tryed the blocking’s software on this site they should be a link and also self excluded online hope this was helpful and good luck

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.