Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      faubourg
      Participant
      faubourg
      Participant

Hi, i am new to this forum and I really need to discover what gamanon is about, i think its high time i do that. today i’m into another cycle of fighting for my basic needs and facing a new unfair situation making me scared about not having food, being evicted etc one more time when i do my best to do everything right. My instinct has made me think about going to a gamanon meeting so i started searching and i found this forum which seems very interesting. I feel often victim of unfair situations around money and power games that make me feel powerless and that are threatening my basic needs. my dad was a gambler and an alcoholic so at home it was hectic and scary and now that i am a grown up i often end up in situations where, no matter what i do, life, situations bring me back to this desperations, powerlessness, high lows and little support or help and even difficulty to know if i will have food to eat. i am fed up with fighting life all the time and i want to get my power and balance back. I am glad i found this forum it seems really helpful and not judgemental

BigSis
      Participant

Hi Faubourg,

I’m really sorry to hear that life has been so difficult & scary & that you feel so fed up at the moment. I hope that things improve & that you start to feel more in control of your life.

It’s very important to have support especially when you feel like you are fighting for your own survival. I am fairly new to this forum too but I think you will find many supportive & inspiring people here who are ready to help without judgement. My brother is a CG & some days I find it very hard to cope with all the twists & turns of my life. When I start feeling helpless I have been trying to come back to this forum to get some inspiration & strength. It has really helped!

You must be a very strong person though to get through all of the challenges you have faced. Maybe it doesn’t feel like it now but in time you will see that every time you choose to keep going (rather than giving up) you are one step closer to getting your power & balance back. Don’t lose hope!

Hope it helps to know that someone is thinking of you & that you are not alone.

Take care of yourself.

Dunc
      Keymaster

<

Hello

Thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy friends and family forum. This forum will provide you with warmth and understanding from your peers.

Feel free to use the friends and family group, you’ll find the times for these if you click on the “Group times” box on our Home page. Now that you have introduced yourself you’ll find that many of the people you meet here have already read your initial introduction and they’ll welcome you in like an old friend 🙂

If you’re the friend or family member of someone who is either in, or has been through, the GMA residential programme please take extra care to make sure that nothing you say in groups, or on our forums, inadvertently identifies that person. Even if your loved one isn’t connected with GMA, please don’t identify them either directly or indirectly just in case they decide to use the site themselves.

You’ll find a lot of advice on this site, some of which you’ll follow, some you won’t…but that’s ok because only you fully understand your
      situation and what’s best for you and the people you love. So, take the support you need and leave the advice you don’t because it all comes from a caring, nurturing place 🙂

We look forward to hearing all about you!

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our

privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.