Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom_John1
    Participant

Hello group, thank you for allowing me to post my situation on here and thank you in advance for any help you may send my way… I have had a problem with gambling for about 10 years now. It has been the worst years of my life and I have not been happy in these 10 years. Over the last 10 years, I have met the girl of my dreams, married her and had our first child together. I have absolutely everything in this world I can ask for. My health, and a great family! But over the past few years I have been in serious trouble with money. While I have the gambling completely under control, and that is not a joke. I still have huge debt because of it. I do not know what to do. I have no ways to pay this debt, and it is going to ruin my relationship with my wife. I would tell myself, bet and I will get a little back at a time. Pay it off slow… Now I am in a situation I can’t get out of. I don’t know what else to do. I am becoming extremely depressed, and feel there is no way to get out of this mess once and for all… Again thank you for listening

charles

<

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our

privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

charles

Hello Tom_John and welcome to the site.

The are a lot of options around when it comes to sorting out debts; from bankruptcy to repayment options and lots in between. It’s important to get proper advice and there are a lot of free places to get that help. maybe connect to the Helpline here to get some links or click on “Resources” and take a look yourself.

What ever you sort out with the finances though it’s important to address your gambling problem, other wise of course any debt solution will only be short lived.

You say you “….have the gambling completely under control….”?

What do you mean by “control”? Have you stopped gambling? Are you using any support to help you stop gambling?

If/when you get your finances sorted what’s going to stop you returning to gambling?

Keep posting and maybe tell us a little more about your situation. You might also want to start a thread in teh “My Journal Forum and tell us how you are getting on.

keep posting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.