Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bcfc1903
      Participant

My debts have been growing for a long time now, I told my wife about 9 months ago. We refinanced everything and she was ace. I gave up for a couple of months but now I’m back at it and worse than ever. Shes now pregnant, I cant tell her again. Once again I try and refinance my money without her noticing- it really is a down hill path. I just can’t stop. Tonight I need to win on the boxing just to reclaim a 10th of the amount i’ve gambled the past few days.
      I dont enjoy it. I dont even enjoy winning cause I know I will end up losing it.
      I cant go public about it due to my job and like today, I’ve had a bad day at work so I canme home went to bed and …. lost
      Fed up and dont see any light.

Dunc
      Keymaster

<

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our
      privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

charles

Hi bcfc and well done on looking for help.

I would recommend copying your post over to the My Journal Forum, it’s a busier forum and you will get more feedback and support.

I would recommend finding a way to talk to someone, trying to keep hidden debts secret can in itself send peole gambling.

How about getting a blocker for your computer so that you can’t visit those gambling sites?

There is a lot of support you can use that doesn’t risk “going public”. Sites like this of course, places like Gamblers Anonymous – it is what’s said on the tin.

Keep posting and let us know what positive steps you are taking. Again I would recommend reposting in the My Journal Forum.

Anonymous

You must tell her soon cause then she can take steps to prevent it re-occurring. I used to hide it from my parents and that made it way worse in the long run.

When you don’t tell those closet, the true extent, you emotionally isolate yourself, and them, further.

In my experience the more secretive and isolated the gambling and problems are, the longer they drag on for and the worse they get.

Maybe its best to do the unthinkable and tell everyone what an idiot you’ve been.. to break your own cycle?

wish you all the best and remember don’t try to beat the sports odds compilers – you are not a team of expert statisticians!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.