Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      jayson
      Participant
      velvet

I do – but you are not saying anything

sherrie
      Participant

I would, but you’re still not talking to me.  
      Sherrie
      xoxoxo

Anonymous

I can listen, but I can’t hear anything!Living a life instead of living a ***…..Recovery is priceless.

maverick.
      Participant

Hi Jay, A very close friend I used to have who is no longer with us used to say to me “be quick to listen and slow to speak” now they are very wise words but I have to say there have been many ***** I haven’t listened and for that I am sorry, If I can ever help I promise you I will listen, I wish you well and look forward to catching up with you very soon, all the very best love Maverick.

cat438
      Participant

Jayson, why don’t you write down what you want to say and I promise I will read it and listen to what you have to say.  I don’t even need to respond to it with advice or anything else.  All I will say is I hear you.  There are so many wonderful and caring people on GT so let them hear what you have to say.  Take careOne day at a time my sweet lord…

trulyshi
      Participant

I’m right here with arms and ears open wide.  Anytime you’re ready……..  Deb

stormy
      Participant

So many people are willing to listen to you jayson. dont forget all of us here at GT. 🙂

Stormy."The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket."

trulyshi
      Participant

Now that you have everyone’s attention, Jayson, what are you going to do with it?

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Jayson
      I listen, but maybe you just havent leart to hear what people say
      HWatch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

ken l
      Participant

Hi Jay
      My first GA Meeting a senior member told me something that I still use to this day.
      He said "Learn to Listen & Then Listen to Learn

paul315
      Participant

Originally posted by jayson       "                     "

Good afternoon Jayson,
      Your statement that nobody listens followed by a blank page left for us to fill in is, from what I am guessing, or hearing, meant for us to think more than to listen; for listing to "the sound of silence" can at ***** be a better teacher than our or other’s telling of experiences, struggles, and thoughts. When no one is listening to us, or to anybody, the words we speak do seem wasted; but listening to the sounds of silence calls for us to examine ourselves, search out answers, and be open to any subliminal messages hidden within the silence, or perhaps be open to subtle or suppressed cries of the haunted.
      The song by Simon and Garfunkel holds many meanings to different people, just as your blank post can hold different meanings. But the lyrics of their song, and the absence of your words, still shout out a message for all to hear; if anyone cares to listen. In the final stanza of the song, and in your past post, you both speak of "neon gods", or as referred to by you, other’s perceived notions that the only way to be in recovery is to be in a single program, e.g. the GA program. When it truth, while the GA program may be good and fulfilling to many who follow it, other programs that do not teach ODAAT or the importance of attending meeting can be just as effective. We do not have to listen solely at the words coming directly from a prophet or only from a well know program, we can look for and hear the message of recovery that can be found in obscure places such as "written on the subway walls
      and tenement halls. And whisper’d in the sounds of silence."  
      It comes down to what we are open to and willing to hear, and what we are willing to accept to help in our efforts to combat the visions of gambling that softly creep into our thoughts. Each of us here, and those in other places as well, are reaching out and searching for encouragement and support; and at the same time we are shouting out to the others the same message that we are listening for, "Hear my words that I might teach you, Take my arms that I might reach you" , a message that will guide us to the answers we are looking and listening for.  Or as GA publishes as the same invitation in their pamphlet "Towards 90 Days":  
      Fellow gambler, take my hand;

I’m your friend, I understand. … … …  . 

God’s speed. Stay strong. Keep aware, but not brainwashed, and be oped to and know the difference between the two.LarryThanks to my Higher Power, My 3G’s – God, GA, and GT,  "Day Two Is Another Day Behind" and with the help from all , I will continue to remain gambling free.

jayson
      Participant

Sooooo, Been working away a bit, not been to many groups. So when i enter a group, heres an idea, how about the ********** listen and reply, rather than listen and make their own theory up and telling me this is what happened !, Im sorry but what ever you have done in ur lifes is in no way the same of what is happening in mine ( to charles) and no matter what degree or diplomas u may have will never get one for everyday life and reality (to cathie). So the next time i enter chat try not saying “Why are you here” sometimes i dont need any other reason than maybe to help any1 in the room or to listen to others…And accept that answer rather than making up own theries…And when i say i walked outa a pub and into a arcade i wasnt having urges or thoughts i just did it outa bordem accept that answer, dont think im being clever with my words, accept what i say happened to me and not twist it to what happens to others..THEIR NOT ME !
      And on that note as some may say i twist words and try to be clever…NO i say it how it is ….SIMPLES and some ppl dont like or can handle that…..(Exception of cate the age give away’er lol ***)
      And thats about it for now……On a plus im off to see my daughter on saturday in devon, so looking forward to that then im dissaperaing for a week whilst i work down there.
      So thats that ,This is me and if u dont like it in the nicest possible way……do one ! 😛

Anonymous

Jay, in response as you mention me personally.
      When you come to a group session with a facilitator exspect to be spoken to as thats what we are here for. We will always advise and give guidance and it up to you wheather you take that advice or not but we are here to do that and will continue to do so. Its quite unfair for you to make comments of us not understanding life as I can ****** you I do live mine and has not all been plain sailing, far from it I can ****** you.
      Look at what you are saying re no body listens and ask yourself if you do! so may replies offering an ear maybe you will take it i hope so. I am pleased to hear of your visit with your daughter, its been a long time coming, have a good time and said sincerely.

casper
      Participant

Hello….2012 seems such along time ago, not sure why i posted nobody listens and nothing else ! Reading up though it seems i had amassive chip on my shoulder or maybe just my arrogance :D……Hope everyones ok Jayson xxx

velvet

Good to see you post Jay

How are things with you

Velvet

casper
      Participant

Ive updated under the name Casper in the forum,couldnt remeber my log in for jayson !

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.